What IEMs are on your short list NOW.
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

HiFiHawaii808

Headphoneus Supremus
Hardcore Head-Fi'er
Watercooler Travel Team
Variety is the spice of life. It's nearly impossible to hear them all so we rely on recommendations from people we trust. What IEMs are on your short list right now?

For me, as of today, here is my IEM short list. It changes frequently. Maybe every month.

1. Oriolus Isabellae. I want to hear what a DD Traillii could sound like.
2. Elysian Annihilator or X. Now that I have satisfied by bass head itch with Z1R, LX and Odin, I want to hear world class treble sounds like.
3. Unique Melody Mason FS. Can you really feel the music?
4. BLON BL-A8 Prometheus. It looks so cool. Can it beat the BLON 03?

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 82
Reecho SG-03 - the reviews sound like this is a great bass-oriented performer. Awesome design too and low cost.
HZ Heart Mirror - This might be the refined neutral-ish version of the BLON BL-05S . Nice finish, good accessories, low cost
Hidizs MS2 - Seems to be a great competitor in the budget hybrid arena alongside the Thieaudio Legacy 2
KBEAR Believe - After hearing the tuning of the Blon Mini, I'd be curious to hear something go even further. The TFZ Live X and the Believe might be it
Etymotic Evo - because it's Ety.
Moondrop Variations / Blessing / S8 / Aria
Mangrid XENNS Up -
Final Audio VR3000 - would like to see how well this tuning performs for binaural
Thieaudio Monarch - seems like it pretty much fits the bill
BLON A8 (and other upcoming releases)

Would be great to indulge and hear all of these. Realistically, I see myself getting 1-2 of the above in the next couple years.

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 82
Reecho SG-03 - the reviews sound like this is a great bass-oriented performer. Awesome design too and low cost.
HZ Heart Mirror - This might be the refined neutral-ish version of the BLON BL-05S . Nice finish, good accessories, low cost
Hidizs MS2 - Seems to be a great competitor in the budget hybrid arena alongside the Thieaudio Legacy 2
KBEAR Believe - After hearing the tuning of the Blon Mini, I'd be curious to hear something go even further. The TFZ Live X and the Believe might be it
Etymotic Evo - because it's Ety.
Moondrop Variations / Blessing / S8 / Aria
Mangrid XENNS Up -
Final Audio VR3000 - would like to see how well this tuning performs for binaural
Thieaudio Monarch - seems like it pretty much fits the bill
BLON A8 (and other upcoming releases)

Would be great to indulge and hear all of these. Realistically, I see myself getting 1-2 of the above in the next couple years.
This is great. I don't know anything about most of these IEMs. This is why I create this thread. I tend to get stuck in the same threads. See what other people are looking at opens up my mind.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 82
This is great. I don't know anything about most of these IEMs. This is why I create this thread. I tend to get stuck in the same threads. See what other people are looking at opens up my mind.
If you haven't already, check out https://squig.link and the respective graph databases listed at the bottom. It helps as a reference especially once you are familiar with some of these sets.

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 82
1 Elysian Annihilator X
1CC86417-6CA5-42C9-8892-7B543710D35A.jpeg

2. IE900

3. Traillii

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 82
Cayin Fantasy
Dunu Luna
Dunu Zen
Final A8000
Lotoo LE-M1
Meze 12 Classics V2
Oriolus Isabellae
Simphonio VR1
Unique Melody 3DT

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 82
My shortlist for this year:
Meze Audio 12 Classics V2 for listening on the go
Final Audio A4000 for home listening sessions

You won't be disappointed...
IMG_20210601_232326.jpg

Jul 8, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #12 of 82
To purchase:

ISN EST50
Mangird XENNS UP
Tansio Mirai Land

To audition:

Campfire Dorado 2020
Empire Ears Legend X
Empire Ears Odin

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #13 of 82
I'm still recovering from the Bird purchase - but also listening a lot at the moment to my N3s which for the price are cracking value. So I may look more at the sub $300 ish mark. Having said that I wanna try a higher end DD. I think the Luna could be great for my preferences....

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #14 of 82
I'm still recovering from the Bird purchase - but also listening a lot at the moment to my N3s which for the price are cracking value. So I may look more at the sub $300 ish mark. Having said that I wanna try a higher end DD. I think the Luna could be great for my preferences....

Sub $300 or >$1k - time to get the man math out again - :wink:

Jul 8, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #15 of 82
Sub $300 or >$1k - time to get the man math out again - :wink:
Hahahaha, it's how I roll!

I'll be intrigued to read what people are looking forward to in the $300-$1k range, especially the so called kilobuck killers. Not seen anything that remotely tempts me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back