What IEMs are on your short list NOW.
Jul 13, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #76 of 82
This is more like a bucket list, just a pair I have in mind, the A.A. Jewel.
If everything else fail, fall back plan - the Yanyin Moonlight...

Jul 13, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #77 of 82
Currently own Traillii / XE6 + N8ii. Looking for a third IEM to compliment it. At the minimum, it would have to either be a side grade OR have a better playback genres for several music genres (especially electronic). I was a huge fan of the Odins detail retrieval but I was sensitive to its upper mids.

IEMs that did not work out for me: U12T, Odin, Mest 2, Jewel, KR5, Phonix (Huge fit), Z1R

My current short list to demo:

Elysian Annihilator - Apparently it has supreme treble?

Elysian Diva - Favorable reviews about it are starting to trickle in from Head Fi savants. It seems like a safer blind buy because of the price.

Forte Noir - Got this as a rec from the folks at Watercooler.

Mest Indigo - Its got beautiful aesthetics, still tops ranking lists, also has a reasonable price.

Supermoon - Mr @Rockwell75 has piqued my interest about single drivers.

Empire Ears prototype - Apparently there is a mystical EE prototype that is a fusion of Trailli and Evo bass. Not sure what thats about but I want to hear it.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #78 of 82
So, FiiO FH9. Already tried them and a real crush. I will afford them. A REAL steal. 🤩🥰

FiiO Fd7. The Fh9 made me curious about this single beryllium dynamic driver iem. 🤔😉

And, an (very) exotic wish... The Nostalgia Audio Camelot seems to be very, very, very sexy... 😇👏

Jul 18, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #79 of 82
So, FiiO FH9. Already tried them and a real crush. I will afford them. A REAL steal. 🤩🥰

FiiO Fd7. The Fh9 made me curious about this single beryllium dynamic driver iem. 🤔😉

And, an (very) exotic wish... The Nostalgia Audio Camelot seems to be very, very, very sexy... 😇👏

And Craft Audio Aurum.

That's all folks 🐰

Jul 18, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #81 of 82
Actually, I own the Aure Audio Ringo, which is my musical end game (all criteria), and I have tried the FiiO FH9, which I found just... awesome. A steal.

And (but...) .. I am curious 😋

Nov 7, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #82 of 82
I own a JH Contour XO which has been the best IEM for my taste since the first day I got it. Thus, I'm super keen on trying out the best pairs that JHaudio is currently offering. That said, there is also a handful of highly praised IEMs that I just can not resist listening to them one day
  1. JH Layla Aion (I recently had a chance to listen to the Layla 1st gen, and it easily is the best IEM I've heard)
  2. JH Roxanne Aion (a universal version of a legendary rockstar IEM)
  3. JH Sharona (16 drivers per side!)
  4. JH Jolene (the most analog-sounding JHaudio IEM!)
  5. Shure KSE1500 (the most transparent and detailed IEM, a revolution in the in-ear market)
  6. 64audio Tia Fourte (has one of the biggest soundstage with an incredible level of detail retrieval and dynamism)
  7. 64audio U18T (interesting to see how these compared to the U12T)
  8. Audeze LCD-i4 (a weirdly-looking but interesting IEM)
  9. VE Elysium (Idk, these look amazing, not to mention the "best vocal IEM" title)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back