What IEMs are on your short list NOW.
Jul 9, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #46 of 82
-Softears RS10
-CCZ Plume
-Penon GK10
-KBEar Aurora
-KBEar(or TRI) Flagship 10 driver hybrid)

oops, I misread as shopping list.

daily go-to:
-Moondrop Variations
-Anole VX
-Tanchijim Tanya
-DUNU SA6

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #48 of 82
Just got an email for the Hiby WH2 TWS Kickstarter. I am a sucker for these things. Ill probably buy one.

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #50 of 82
Think I'm going to be ordering the Geek Wold GK10 that's currently being discussed on the discovery thread. A tribrid for $45 is just bonkers.
It’s actually a quadbrid👍 If you count graphene-coat Mid DD and Titanium-coat bass DD as different stream. Yea it’s an interesting IEM.

Jul 10, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #51 of 82
I'm currently enjoying picking up a sub $100 gem here and there.
Want to try some different tech's at some point.
Currently on my list of items of interest are:
GS Audio ST6 (to try sonion)
TRI i3 pro (to try planar)
S**f** MT300 pro (EST)
Nicehck Lofty (be DD)
KBear Aurora (waiting to see what the driver will be)
S**f** MT500 (flat Knowles driver??!??)
Single driver planar

Not any reviews of these items out there, so will watch, wait and enjoy my cheap chifi journey in the meantime.

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #53 of 82
I just discovered this thread! The FIBAE 3x3 is the only IEM on my short list now!

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #54 of 82
ThieAudio Monarch

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #55 of 82
Good question.... might have to do more homework here

Any thoughts?
I've heard both and I prefer the Dusk. I believe it has more clarity and better bass. But, it depends on your preferences. There are many reviews out there of both products.

Here's a good one

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #56 of 82
ThieAudio Monarch
Good choice. I have been spending the majority of the past several weeks comparing my high end IEMs with a new DAP, the iBasso DX300. Mostly Traillii, Odin, LX and Z1R due mostly to time. Last night, I decided to pull out my Monarchs after not having listened to them for over the last month. I paired them with DX300 AMP12 and Cayin C9. It is a fantastic sound that belongs in the same company as the above monitors. It's not better, but its darn close and for me the frequency response curve is almost a dead on match for my personal preferences. It's missing a bit of detail and texture in the bass and maybe some resolution in the high. But, it's really close and very pleasant. What makes it a no brainer is the cost. 2-7 times cheaper. You should also consider both the Oracle and Clairvoyance. Some people prefer that tuning to the Monarch.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #57 of 82
I'm currently enjoying picking up a sub $100 gem here and there.
Want to try some different tech's at some point.
Currently on my list of items of interest are:
GS Audio ST6 (to try sonion)
TRI i3 pro (to try planar)
S**f** MT300 pro (EST)
Nicehck Lofty (be DD)
KBear Aurora (waiting to see what the driver will be)
S**f** MT500 (flat Knowles driver??!??)
Single driver planar

Not any reviews of these items out there, so will watch, wait and enjoy my cheap chifi journey in the meantime.
Nice. This is an area that I have almost no knowledge. I did try out the BLON 03 out of curiosity and I like it a lot. But, had to replace the cable and tips which cost more than the whole thing. I also bought the BLON BL-A8 Prometheus because it looks so cool.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #58 of 82
I'm pretty content with just one daily driver, currently the 64A Nio, as I find it difficult to rotate between multiple IEMs. I guess I should consider that a blessing! But I'm always looking because this stuff is cool and at this point I'd just like to hear what other companies "house sound" is like in comparison to what I've heard, which is quite limited.

- Empire Ears Legend X & Bravado MKII
- Campfire Audio Mammoth & Dorado 2020

If I were to pull the trigger on another IEM today it'd be the Legend X. I feel like I NEED to hear what the twin W9 bass is all about.
The W9 is my favorite driver in the entire industry.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #59 of 82
The W9 is my favorite driver in the entire industry.
Yeah, it certainly seems to be almost unanimously praised. I'm wondering if there's an LX MkII in the pipeline as I know the original LX has been out for some time now and the next generation W9+ is being used in the Odin, MkII Valk / Bravado and Hero. @Rockwell75 described what I hope ends up being the next iteration of the LX:
The treble on the Bravado MKii is also better than that on the LX imho. The LX wipes the floor with Bravado in terms of mids though. An updated LX with their new W9 drivers and the same e-stats from Bravado (or maybe Odin) doing the highs would be *chef's kiss*.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #60 of 82
Good choice. I have been spending the majority of the past several weeks comparing my high end IEMs with a new DAP, the iBasso DX300. Mostly Traillii, Odin, LX and Z1R due mostly to time. Last night, I decided to pull out my Monarchs after not having listened to them for over the last month. I paired them with DX300 AMP12 and Cayin C9. It is a fantastic sound that belongs in the same company as the above monitors. It's not better, but its darn close and for me the frequency response curve is almost a dead on match for my personal preferences. It's missing a bit of detail and texture in the bass and maybe some resolution in the high. But, it's really close and very pleasant. What makes it a no brainer is the cost. 2-7 times cheaper. You should also consider both the Oracle and Clairvoyance. Some people prefer that tuning to the Monarch.
Yeah...the bang for the buck is what I am looking at here and I am in no hurry what so ever...especially as there seems to be new iem releases weekly these days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back