What IEMs are on your short list NOW.
Jul 8, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #31 of 82
Jul 8, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #32 of 82
Honestly, the Isabellae has made me tear up my short list and throw it out. I’m more than fine with what I have. I could even let the Rose QT-9 go without too much issue and be perfectly content with the Isabellae for home and critical listening, the DQ6 for out-and-about and casual “fun”-tuned listening, and the APP for voice calls and airplanes.

Not really in the spirit of the thread I guess… if I had to choose one IEM to pick up next it would be the ISN EST50 probably.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #33 of 82
Honestly, the Isabellae has made me tear up my short list and throw it out. I’m more than fine with what I have. I could even let the Rose QT-9 go without too much issue and be perfectly content with the Isabellae for home and critical listening, the DQ6 for out-and-about and casual “fun”-tuned listening, and the APP for voice calls and airplanes.

Not really in the spirit of the thread I guess… if I had to choose one IEM to pick up next it would be the ISN EST probably.

+1

Isa is the closest thing to a genuine sub $1K giant killer I've heard.

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #34 of 82
Not really a short list but…something I want to try.

Erlkonig
Elysian X
Simphonio VR1

Jul 9, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #35 of 82
I'm still a beginner audiophile but I definitely want one of my next upgrades to be a TOTL IEM (right now I have the JVC HA-FDX1 and am enjoying them though). Going by Crinacle's ranking list, I wanted to get either

Campfire Andromeda
or ThieAudio Monarch

But if not those two, then something mid-range like

ThieAudio Oracle! :D

What do you guys think?

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #36 of 82
Quite content with the Traillii for dedicated listening and IE900 as an everyday. Only thing really on my shortlist right now is - and only if it materializes - 64 Audio's new flagship some time in 2021.

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #37 of 82
I'm still a beginner audiophile but I definitely want one of my next upgrades to be a TOTL IEM (right now I have the JVC HA-FDX1 and am enjoying them though). Going by Crinacle's ranking list, I wanted to get either

Campfire Andromeda
or ThieAudio Monarch

But if not those two, then something mid-range like

ThieAudio Oracle! :D

What do you guys think?
I think you are on a good track. All of those options are great choices.

Jul 9, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #38 of 82
Nothing really. Just waiting on my IE900 to arrive and then that’s it for IEMs.

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #41 of 82
Softears Cerberus → RS10

And the Turii, maybe

The RS10 has a very high resolution like the Erlkonig. But is less warm, and has less sub-bass. It sounded clearer up top with very good vocals :)

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #42 of 82
I'm pretty content with just one daily driver, currently the 64A Nio, as I find it difficult to rotate between multiple IEMs. I guess I should consider that a blessing! But I'm always looking because this stuff is cool and at this point I'd just like to hear what other companies "house sound" is like in comparison to what I've heard, which is quite limited.

- Empire Ears Legend X & Bravado MKII
- Campfire Audio Mammoth & Dorado 2020

If I were to pull the trigger on another IEM today it'd be the Legend X. I feel like I NEED to hear what the twin W9 bass is all about.

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #43 of 82
I'm pretty content with just one daily driver, currently the 64A Nio, as I find it difficult to rotate between multiple IEMs. I guess I should consider that a blessing! But I'm always looking because this stuff is cool and at this point I'd just like to hear what other companies "house sound" is like in comparison to what I've heard, which is quite limited.

- Empire Ears Legend X & Bravado MKII
- Campfire Audio Mammoth & Dorado 2020

If I were to pull the trigger on another IEM today it'd be the Legend X. I feel like I NEED to hear what the twin W9 bass is all about.

Disregarding quantity the bass quality on the Bravado MKii (which uses their updated W9 driver) is better imho. Honestly the LX is getting a little long in the tooth-- I hope they give us a MKii LX with the new bass drivers.

Jul 9, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #44 of 82
Disregarding quantity the bass quality on the Bravado MKii (which uses their updated W9 driver) is better imho. Honestly the LX is getting a little long in the tooth-- I hope they give us a MKii LX with the new bass drivers.
Good point. When was the original LX released? Summer 2019 or thereabouts? Seems like a MKII is in order soon, hopefully. My wallet sure likes the Bravado MKII over the LX I can tell you that.

Jul 9, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #45 of 82
Good point. When was the original LX released? Summer 2019 or thereabouts? Seems like a MKII is in order soon, hopefully. My wallet sure likes the Bravado MKII over the LX I can tell you that.

The treble on the Bravado MKii is also better than that on the LX imho. The LX wipes the floor with Bravado in terms of mids though. An updated LX with their new W9 drivers and the same e-stats from Bravado (or maybe Odin) doing the highs would be *chef's kiss*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back