What "house sound" annoys you the most?
Aug 20, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #16 of 154
Beyers for me so far....as K19 said I like everything else about them but the treble spike. That being said I haven't quite given up on them yet.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #20 of 154
Grado and Sennheiser HD-series for me. Really not my kind of sound...

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #23 of 154
I do not dislike the Beyerdynamic house sound... but I dislike the Beyer house 'soundstaging'... Next to the K-702, Mahler sounds homogenized and 2-D on my Tesla 1

Aug 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #25 of 154
Grado - sounds like somebody shoved needles into my ear
Shure IEMs - sounds like I am listening through the cottonballs that somebody stuffed into my ear after my ears were bleeding from Grados

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #26 of 154
Quote:
Grado - sounds like somebody shoved needles into my ear
Shure IEMs - sounds like I am listening through the cottonballs that somebody stuffed into my ear after my ears were bleeding from Grados

LOL what the...

Aug 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #27 of 154
The weird thing about grado sr60 for me is that they sounded like they were playing through a dixie cup.  The treble didn't bother me, actually they didn't have enough treble to my ears believe it or not
eek.gif
..  But the mids were just weird to me.  I can't say anything for the rest of the grado line but I certainly hope the sr60 wasn't representative of the higher ones as I'm considering giving the Ms1 a go.

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #28 of 154
headphones companies are getting it all wrong IMO

Man, If i had a few million $ to spend on R&D for making my own brand of headphones, Id put sennheiser, Grado, and everyone else totally out of business at least for the few year or so until they steal and copy my design and signature lol

Props to fischer audio for getting it right the first time ( please dont turn into skullcandy with your terribly ugly new designs pleaseeee stay respectable! )

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #30 of 154
I'm pretty open minded about different sounding gear; I like variety and let's face it all of the phones we discuss here are high quality. But there was one make I have never managed to like and that is Denon, and the first one I heard was the AH-D7000. I'd heard so much I expected them to be amazing and was left completely cold by them; they just sounded lifeless and bland. I went back to them several times to try and see what people saw in them but just didn't get it. Lower models I've heard since were worse. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back