What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant)
Dec 24, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #213 of 244
  Unless it's long distance. Then it can be quite expensive.

Ho ho ho...
beyersmile.png

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #214 of 244
  That's very disappointing. I was hoping to be taken seriously for once in my life just based on my Supremus rating. Now I'm going to have to think of something sensible to say, bugger it!

u took the words off my head  fones..... :p

something is bothering me...
havent u guys heard the beyer DT150 ???  crazy GREAT can that went unheard.
sad...sob sob...if only my spelling/grammar/puncuation dun suxxxzzz..
i would hav written a teesis on it..
ok..let the supremus get back to his truck driving..:p

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #215 of 244

That's very disappointing. I was hoping to be taken seriously for once in my life just based on my Supremus rating. Now I'm going to have to think of something sensible to say, bugger it!

u took the words off my head  fones..... :p

What, 'bugger it'?

Funny headphones...

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #219 of 244
If I'm interested in something, I mostly only listen to members I've grown to trust. When people post recommendation type threads, of course they're going to get a ton of different responses. Can't really control that. As always, a vast majority of it is going to be irrelevant anyways. If you want to know how something sounds to YOU, you're going to want to have a listen for yourself. Reading through these threads is like sifting through sand. Looking for commonalities is the best way to approach it imo. With a forum this large, we're going to get many, many opinions. Mods trying to detect BS posts would be very difficult and tedious.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #220 of 244
First world problem? If you have seen and read reviews for headphones and make a suggestion based on that then I don't see an issue.
You could advise someone of x options in x price bracket but advise them to check out reviews etc.

Whilst I do agree people should be thoughtful in posting good content and replies on the flipside I find it easy going here and enjoy the free flow of thoughts and opinions.

Let's not turn it into where people are targeted and harassed by fermenting dinosaurs for posting honest replies and opinions. I know someone who posted sweet FA and had a comment turned into a post by a moderator created to give him S#@% from everyone else (outright bullying).

You have also opened this in headphones and I think there a general area for such a discussion. So in turn your kind of generating drama in a gear thread which seems to be the opposite of the OP intent.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #221 of 244
Well there is a big difference between people giving bogus "opinions" on stuff they never heard, and insulting or attacking people who don't agree with their heros regarding things they never heard. The first is just wasting peoples' time, the second is making it unpleasant to be here. Definitely, the forums are going downhill. I'm disappointed with the way things have been going.

The other thing that is happening is the measurement crowd is sliming into headfi and many of them don't even realize it about themselves. They're spouting theory based on incorrect specs and drawing incorrect conclusions. It just gets worse and worse.

The only thing that matters is how something sounds to you. If you never heard it you have nothing to say. And if you want to criticize something based on measurements that you don't even understand and can't verify or calculations based on unverified specs it just gets impossible.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #222 of 244
First world problem? If you have seen and read reviews for headphones and make a suggestion based on that then I don't see an issue.
You could advise someone of x options in x price bracket but advise them to check out reviews etc.

Whilst I do agree people should be thoughtful in posting good content and replies on the flipside I find it easy going here and enjoy the free flow of thoughts and opinions.

Let's not turn it into where people are targeted and harassed by fermenting dinosaurs for posting honest replies and opinions. I know someone who posted sweet FA and had a comment turned into a post by a moderator created to give him S#@% from everyone else (outright harassment).

You have also opened this in headphones and I think there a general area for such a discussion. So in turn your kind of generating drama in a gear thread which seems to be the opposite of the OP.
Please note the OP is from 6 years ago. Mhog55 didn't "open" anything. I restarted the conversation by asking Currawongs opinion if Head Fi has changed at all since the original conversation.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #223 of 244
I was gonna write another reply
Please note the OP is from 6 years ago. Mhog55 didn't "open" anything. I restarted the conversation by asking Currawongs opinion if Head Fi has changed at all since the original conversation.

Oh jeez lol! I still think it should be in a general section I come here for headphones.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #224 of 244
I've been reading a thread about recently released iems and had an experience relevant to this conversation.

Participant #1 had asked the group directly for a recommendation...A or B?

Participant #2 replied with a very definite opinion: Get A.

P1 came back with: Just to clarify, do you own both of these iems?

P2 replied: Well, the information is on Discord, go look.

???

P2 didn't even have the integrity to directly admit the answer to the question was "no". He evaded instead.

That is a problem. How often does that happen on Head Fi?

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #225 of 244
That is a problem. How often does that happen on Head Fi?

Lately it's pretty normal. And the sharkfests that follow are also becoming normal. The world is full of hyenas. It would be nice if they would just...go...away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back