What do you think the new Sennheiser flagship will be?
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #31 of 88
Quote:
I've had a similar horrible experience with the HD800, It's a fatiguing headphone with a peak in the area where your ears perceived loudness is already pretty high. That with its rolled off bass (where you need at least flat (especially taking into account perceived loudness) easily turns of EDM into a horrible ear burning experience.

what amp you tried?  maybe its becose the V200 is dark sounding(?)   I didnt had problem with this treble peak,but the bass,omg the bass..

totatly agree with you saying you need totaly flat bass atleast.....    if I had to choose between cold or warm heaphones,as sound coloring goes I would go warm in a heartbeat

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #32 of 88
Quote:
Well I haven't heard them on the LF or LG, but there are many that say that is the best they have ever heard the HD 800's. I have personally heard them on a WA5, WA22, ZDSE.. and they all were amazing and a huge improvement over my Burson.

Hey Greed, what Burson are you talking about? One year ago I heard the HD800 from both HA-160DS and ha-160D. Did not impress me at all. But with Burson Conductor I just love them. 
You can find all my impressions on this on my blog or on my thread

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #33 of 88
Quote:
Hey Greed, what Burson are you talking about? One year ago I heard the HD800 from both HA-160DS and ha-160D. Did not impress me at all. But with Burson Conductor I just love them. 
You can find all my impressions on this on my blog or on my thread

I was referring to the Burson Soloist, right now I have the HA-160 and have tried the HD 800 with them but like you don't quite like it either. I mainly use the Burson with my Denons and HD 650's, when I'm at my computer. I was quite impressed with the Soloist though when I heard it. My previous statement was saying that I preferred WA5, WA22, ZDSE over the Burson though. I just love tubes with the HD 800, sound is much more inviting.

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #34 of 88
Quote:
I was referring to the Burson Soloist, right now I have the HA-160 and have tried the HD 800 with them but like you don't quite like it either. I mainly use the Burson with my Denons and HD 650's, when I'm at my computer. I was quite impressed with the Soloist though when I heard it. My previous statement was saying that I preferred WA5, WA22, ZDSE over the Burson though. I just love tubes with the HD 800, sound is much more inviting.

I was afraid you were going to say that :)) .

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #35 of 88
i sense an upcoming upgratisitis infection
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #36 of 88
I've edited the thread title and removed some inappropriate posts. Carry on. 
smile.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #37 of 88
I think Sennheiser can get into Orthos. If they can make a detail monster like the HD800, they can certainly make a good Orthodynamic/Planar Magnetic headphone.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #39 of 88
Quote:
Also a close ortho would be good as well.. 

that would bass rape.........       I honestly think the LCD-2 have such a bass with V200,that for very special moment of my life I was fully satisfied

I mean I dont see the point of futher destruction of soundstage just for more bass when the bass is already perfect.... 

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #40 of 88
Quote:
***s.

I heard that Sennheiser actually lost money on the £10,000 Orpheus headphones as they were expensive to manufacture - but they did them just to make the "World's best headphones".

Best-looking, probably. Best sounding, not by a long shot. In an A/B comparison, a comparatively humble HD580 driven by a comparatively ugly HeadRoom Total AirHead Mk. 1.5, sounded far better than the Orpheus. The Orpheus was just thin as a reed.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #41 of 88
Quote:

Best-looking, probably. Best sounding, not by a long shot. In an A/B comparison, a comparatively humble HD580 driven by a comparatively ugly HeadRoom Total AirHead Mk. 1.5, sounded far better than the Orpheus. The Orpheus was just thin as a reed.

All I have to say is... what?

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #43 of 88
Quote:
All I have to say is... what?

The Orpheus, while gorgeous (especially that amp), is a thin, reedy-sounding piece of kit. The contemporary 580 was a better-sounding headphone. That's what.

I've listened to them back-to-back. Have you?

Of course, people who base things on price-tags and looks rather than, you know, how they sound when music's going through them, may reach a different conclusion. And maybe they're fine for chick-and-guitar audiophile fare. Most things are. That material became standard audiophile fare precisely because it doesn't demand too much in the way of frequency extension or dynamic range.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #44 of 88
Quote:

The Orpheus, while gorgeous (especially that amp), is a thin, reedy-sounding piece of kit. The contemporary 580 was a better-sounding headphone. That's what.

I've listened to them back-to-back. Have you?

Of course, people who base things on price-tags and looks rather than, you know, how they sound when music's going through them, may reach a different conclusion. And maybe they're fine for chick-and-guitar audiophile fare. Most things are. That material became standard audiophile fare precisely because it doesn't demand too much in the way of frequency extension or dynamic range.

"What's what" is you are the only person I have ever heard say that the HD580 sound better than the Orpheus. I didn't say I have heard them, but I'm sure you are wrong. Everyone that has reported auditioning them put them up there with the best of them (SR-009/HD800/HE-6 etc). Your hostility is comedy, and its bold to say what you did. No one will argue with you that pricier equipment might sometimes are outperformed but less expensive things, but your statement is borderline absurdity. But, to each their own, and it's your opinion, but just so you know trust your word is falsifying many others raving reviews.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #45 of 88
^^ Yeah  from what I've read the Orpheus isn't very good on bass, but the detail is legendary.  We all know people prefer bass more than detail, so the comparison may be skewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back