What Cables for Audeze LCD-2?
Jul 31, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #136 of 160
If the beatles used basic guitar chords, the mic chord on (insert band) was basic copper and the mixing desk use POTENTIOMETERS!!! what in hell is a cable gonna do besides be a resisitive load!?

Yes I'm aware of the wars over cable.

If you can afford some of those cables...ENVY

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #138 of 160
Is there a reason Audeze used Canare's speaker cable (4S6 009) for LCD-2 back in the day? I'm pretty sure those are supposed be used in different applications.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #139 of 160
  Is there a reason Audeze used Canare's speaker cable (4S6 009) for LCD-2 back in the day? I'm pretty sure those are supposed be used in different applications.

I don't know, but I've got the impression that they've down-specced; Canare cable is supposed to be quite respectable.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #140 of 160
I bought those single strand copper cables for my LCD-2 I'M HAPPY
smily_headphones1.gif

Pray, do tell? 
blink.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #142 of 160
So I'm getting my 2nd replacement cable from Audeze, my cables are going in and out due to the cable. I really don't want to spend a lot on a cable and I just want a solid well built cable, I also haven't been a fan of the ribbon style. Is there a cable that is solidly built and not too expensive? To be quite frank I don't really believe in spending a ton on a cable, anything over $200 is too much. Anything that you would recommend? I'd also prefer that it is braided or something so it's aesthetically pleasing, I saw Toxic had some but it looked like it was all copper and I'm not sure about the build quality.

As to why my cables keep getting messed up, I'm not sure. I have a Woo Audio stand, the headphone cable that enters the headphone doesn't touch anything so there is no pressure on it so I'm not sure why these cables keep going bad on me. This will be the 2nd within a year.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #144 of 160
To all of LCD-2 owners who still listen to their phones with the stock cable, I will say this: You have absolutely no clue of what these marvelous headphones are capables of. NO JOKE!

I bought a used pair of LCD-2v2 used about three years and a half ago. I instantly ordered a Norse Audio (now Norne Audio) Norn V2 8 conductors balanced cable for around 240$ at the time. The cable was made of OCC copper. The difference with the stock cable wasn't really subtle but to be fair, the aftermarket Norse was balanced and the stock SE. For the next three years I never looked back. Until about six months ago when I started to look for a longer cable as I was moving my set-up from my room to the living room (no more desktop system). I saw a nearly new Audiosensibility Statement cable of 11 feet for sale on a canadaian audio site. The cable is made of 7N OCC silver. I know Audiosensibility products and the owner Steven Huang as I had previously had the chance to try and now own As IC's and USB cable. Fortunately, the seller was a guy living close from my house. He accepted to land me the cable to try and compare with the Norse copper cable.

Wow!!! What a revelation it was! All the comments about recessed soundstage, slight treble drop off, fat bass often heard about LCD-2 are no more valids here. It's absolutely incredible how much the sound opens wirth the silver cable. It became much faster too and as you can guess, the détails and resolution jump in your face as never before. But all that with the same smooth and non fatiguing presentation if that make sense. The PRaT was immensely improved too. It's really like I was listening to a LCD-3 Fazor but even more open (I had the chance to compare the 3F to my 2v2 for two weeks last year).

LCD-2 owners, do yourself a favor. Try a good silver cable with your 2. I'm absolutely convinced that you will be really impressed by the result. I should have done that three years before!

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #145 of 160
  To all of LCD-2 owners who still listen to their phones with the stock cable, I will say this: You have absolutely no clue of what these marvelous headphones are capables of. NO JOKE!

I bought a used pair of LCD-2v2 used about three years and a half ago. I instantly ordered a Norse Audio (now Norne Audio) Norn V2 8 conductors balanced cable for around 240$ at the time. The cable was made of OCC copper. The difference with the stock cable wasn't really subtle but to be fair, the aftermarket Norse was balanced and the stock SE. For the next three years I never looked back. Until about six months ago when I started to look for a longer cable as I was moving my set-up from my room to the living room (no more desktop system). I saw a nearly new Audiosensibility Statement cable of 11 feet for sale on a canadaian audio site. The cable is made of 7N OCC silver. I know Audiosensibility products and the owner Steven Huang as I had previously had the chance to try and now own As IC's and USB cable. Fortunately, the seller was a guy living close from my house. He accepted to land me the cable to try and compare with the Norse copper cable.

Wow!!! What a revelation it was! All the comments about recessed soundstage, slight treble drop off, fat bass often heard about LCD-2 are no more valids here. It's absolutely incredible how much the sound opens wirth the silver cable. It became much faster too and as you can guess, the détails and resolution jump in your face as never before. But all that with the same smooth and non fatiguing presentation if that make sense. The PRaT was immensely improved too. It's really like I was listening to a LCD-3 Fazor but even more open (I had the chance to compare the 3F to my 2v2 for two weeks last year).

LCD-2 owners, do yourself a favor. Try a good silver cable with your 2. I'm absolutely convinced that you will be really impressed by the result. I should have done that three years before!

That is so true. I have also experimented with various cables of high grade copper and when I went to the Wireworld Platinum silver it made my LCD2 completely different. highs were sweeter and much more transparent.

Enjoy music!

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #146 of 160
I'm using the Q Cable which is made up of ultra-fine stranded Type 2 copper litz. It has a pure silk wrapped chocolate brown case which is very flexible.  They certainly sound  and look better than the stock cable. I haven't tried silver with my LCD 2.2's. 

~Mike

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #147 of 160
  I'm using the Q Cable which is made up of ultra-fine stranded Type 2 copper litz. It has a pure silk wrapped chocolate brown case which is very flexible.  They certainly sound  and look better than the stock cable. I haven't tried silver with my LCD 2.2's. 

~Mike

Thanks for the positive review Mike! I hear a lot of comments about the Audeze stock cables being "garden hoses". Glad to hear you like the flexibility of the Q!

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #148 of 160
anyone interested in Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 for Audeze with RSA/ALO Connector 5 FTm

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794634/moon-audio-black-dragon-v2-for-audeze-with-rsa-alo-connector-5-ft

i am selling it because i sold my audeze lcd2 and bought oppo pm1

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #149 of 160
I read a couple of post in this thread and I'm so confused. Can some one recommend me a fairly priced balance cable for my LCD2 to go along with my Grace Design m920. I'm not looking to break the bank on this one. Thanks head for the newbie question.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #150 of 160
I have two Audeze (mini-xlr) cables for sale that terminate to 4pin XLR.  PM if interested.  I will be posting in the F/S forums soon.

- Audeze Terminated (mini-xlr) Canare cable to 4pin XLR
- Audeze Terminated (mini-xlr) silver plated cable to 4pin XLR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back