What are your secret headphones?
Oct 12, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #76 of 80
i had a pair of headphones/earphones - or actually "airphones" which i received on-board a northwest orient (airlines) plane when i - 12 years old - travelled to u.s. from norway in 1984. they where blue and white and i was highly fascinated since they where extremely low-tech - wholly made of thin and hollow plastic laces that actually worked somehow when plugged in over-head in the cabin - although useless at home...

the first pair that i actually purchased quite a few years back was sennheiser rs 120 (i think). they are extremely ugly and look rediculous and i hated them from the first moment i tried them on. used them for max 10 hours. they are still in the closet and will never see the light of day again.

i never liked or spent lots of time with headphones before recently.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #79 of 80
I loveddddd my denon d2k's... But since i have moved jobs i have to be more mobile and not have so much stuff with me.. I had to convert to my m50s as my daily... 

Been looking for an unamped headphone that sounds as good as my d2k for a while... Sadly havent found a pair that fit and sound perfect. :frowning2: 

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #80 of 80
Some closed-ear Koss phones at the end of my high school years, around 1974.

Circa 1976 or so, I acquired a Pioneer quadraphonic receiver and related gear. Among the acquisitions was a set of Koss 4+4 (?) headphones. Two angled, full range drivers per side—one a bit forward over the ear and the other angled behind the fronts—with a fancy-schmancy switch box for changing phase between front and rear sets of drivers. Seems like I could simulate SQ even without having a 4-channel source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back