What are The Best Headphones for Gaming & Music??
Jul 15, 2010 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oporto

Head-Fier
Hi im about to buy the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 for gaming, I have been reading a lot of reviews and on other sites and i can only hear that they are the best BUT nobody says anything about using them for music...
i want to have good headphones for gaming and for music aswellm so i wonder, are the MMX 300 any good for music??? i know they are the best for gaming...

and if there is something better for both music and gaming than this i would appreciate that someone helps me out.
and by the way, i listen to metal and electro/hadrstyle

my budget cant go higher than the MMX 300 price (300 euro)

Thank you!!  excellent forum by the way : )

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 8
I have had a very good time gaming on my Grado SR-80i headphones, I can pinpoint where someone is on a small map on Crysis Wars by the low buzzing noise the cloak makes, I have them plugged into an ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard and that is it, for your price you could afford this setup(was $300 for me)

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 8
I see alot of people say the MMXs are just Beyerdynamic 770s with a mic attached. Its not true. They must have different drivers since the range of frequency response on the Beyerdynamics is huge... 5hz to 30000hz. I have no idea why. 

Odds are what you are looking for in the sound of a gaming headphone (positional audio, easily hearing your teammates talking to you, super accentuated sub-bass for explosions, etc...) aren't going to be the kinds of things that make a particular headphone musical.

Search the forums for info on the MMXs... but I suggest you buy the gaming headphones for gaming, and pick up something you like (and audition) for music. 

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 8
I had the mmx-300 in they do sound just like the dt770 05 version. There is also a new 32 ohm dt770 that was released after the mmx300. They probably use the same driver. The mmx do good with music.  They are just as good as the dt770 in music playback.

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 8
ok, so you guys saying that i just get one headphone for gaming and other one for music???
I have been reading for days about the MMX 300 but nobody ever mentioned how good they are when listening to music... does anyone have them?? could i get to know how good they are with music???      and can i ask, would it be better to get the MMX300 with a good sound card for music so that does the trick (good for music and gaming) or if i should get 2 different headphones, what should i choose for music???
Before i started looking info on the MMX300 i never thought that getting headphones would be something so complex, there are headphones justfor gaming, or music, or for speaking or movies, etc etc   i thought the higher the price the better in general   :S
now that i realise is not like that, so i dont know what should i look for when looking for something for music, and depends on what type of music different headphones D:    i have been looking in the site for more info in general but there are just toooooo many posts about too many headphones and other stuff, could someone tell me where to look or how? im willing to look for my self is someone tells me where and what (how) if what im asking above is too hard.   im new the site aswell.

Thank you all again, quick response i usually need to wait a couple of days before someone replys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back