What are some very nice headphones I could use while recording music?
Apr 13, 2011 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

legitaudio

New Head-Fier
I've been looking around and stores around me really don't give you a huge selection of headphones to what I want to use them for, all i see is "dre beats" and I'm not really wow'd by them. So I want to know what you guys think i should look into, it would help out a lot 

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 10
Is it purely for monitoring, and not for mixing?

I've yet to find something that beat the good old HD25-1 for field work, and I know I'm not alone in this.
Other than that the HD600 has become a bit of a industry standard as a studio reference. Head-Fi member Lunatique did a great write-up that I think you should read, where he reviewed his search for the ultimate studio work horse. Participants were as diverse as a-t M50s, Denons, LCD-2s and Stax O2s. Do a search and I think you'd  find it.

Edit: I think this is it.

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 10
Listened to akg k272 hd trough rme ff 800 and they do not sound closed even if they isolate very, very good. And they are comfortable.....
If you need something for field work, yeah senn hd 25 1 is the king.

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Listened to akg k272 hd trough rme ff 800 and they do not sound closed even if they isolate very, very good. And they are comfortable.....
If you need something for field work, yeah senn hd 25 1 is the king.

Are the hd 25-1s on ear? because I was kind of looking for over ear headphones but if they're comfortable then thats fine. The last on ear headphones i had would hurt my ears after a while so they kind of swayed me from getting on ears

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Are the hd 25-1s on ear? because I was kind of looking for over ear headphones but if they're comfortable then thats fine. The last on ear headphones i had would hurt my ears after a while so they kind of swayed me from getting on ears

Thanks to HeadRoom...

I guess the hd-25 ii would be considered on ear, but they're big on ears...

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

definitely on-ear, and can be a little uncomfortable if you plan to use them hours on end.
The audio-technica M50 would be a good over ear-alternative.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 10
I'm a very big fan of the ATH-M50 (or the M30's if you're on a budget) as a pair of monitoring headphones. I don't recommend mixing on headphones, but if it's a must, then probably the K702's or the (closed) Beyer DT150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back