What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 12, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #9,241 of 14,564
Here's the pizza that Dr. Pietro Cozzi Tinin made in his home and posted so our mouths will water ...
The recipe is available on Head-Fi. I know that @Ableza made it and, after a bit of training, it came out perfectly.
There are a couple of tricks, it seems. :)

PizzaDiPietro.jpg
Prosit, mates!
RCB

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #9,245 of 14,564
...I'll take the reins. If you won't judge it for others, I will.
Everyone should buy the Gadget if/when it's released. It will be worth it.

It will allow you to sync the tuning of the music to your inner-self. You and your music can literally be in-tune with the universe. You can do A=440 to see if it meshes with Metallica. Then you can try C=256 and see how that floats your boat with Boney M. If you try A=435 with Verdi's Requiem; skies will clear; children will sing; PCT and those who Wind him up will mend fences as a demonstration of hope for peace in the middle east. It will bring joy to the world!

It still won't be as good for SQ as when I put the new rhodium filament fuse in my DAC, but we're talking about subtle changes here, folks, not night and day.

*Benefits and side-effects have not been evaluated by the FDA/EPA/AMA/ABA/FCC/FTC/CPSC/DMV/NHTSA/TSA/SEC/ASCAP/UL/ISO/AATCC/ASTM or any other regulatory agencies, standards bodies, or trade organizations either legitimate or illegitimate.

Seriously though, I will be getting one, if/when it's released. It sounds neat-o.

I was buyin' what you were sellin'...until the end times stuff! :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #9,247 of 14,564
I'm from deep dish Chicago-The Inferno(RIP), Pizzeria Uno or Due(not the franchise crap), Geno's East. Lou Malnatti not my fave but it is available to order on-line, frozen of course. These are national treasures in my book.

Pizzeria Uno! The best pizza that I ever ate.
We used to ride to Chicago just to eat there and go back home. It was worth it! :)

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #9,248 of 14,564
Pizzeria Uno! The best pizza that I ever ate.
We used to ride to Chicago just to eat there and go back home. It was worth it! :)
Due's was built to handle the overflow from Uno's. Those were the days my friend when I could drive to the city and have great za! You know Pietro will think it's sacrilegious to eat deep dish. :ksc75smile:

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #9,249 of 14,564
This NE Missouri boy says real Chicago pizza has cracker-thin crispy crust and is cut into squares. :) Oh, and if you put ketchup on a hot dog you deserve to be shot.

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #9,250 of 14,564
I used to occasionally order a few Giordanos frozen by mail. It is actually cheaper than eating at the restaurant and is outstanding. I work with a couple of guys from Chicago and they got me on one time. Haven't been to Chicago myself outside the airports. Also I still remember eating deep-dish pizza at a place called Mama Bear's near @Paladin79 back in 1997 or so in Bloomington, IN.

I've also made couple trips to Italy (including Naples) about the same time and still love a good Neapolitan Pizza. I also love a good NY-styIe pizza too having been to NYC. I hope we don't turn this into an objectivist vs subjectivist type discussion, there is enough room for more than one type of Pizza in my stomach. :pizza:

I think we can all agree pizza is delicious. Even though I now have to make my own pizza to avoid onion and garlic allergies. At least "desert pizza" is still safe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way I studied Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason and also studied it for a semester in the Levant. Here is a video of me at Al Aqsa/Temple Mount in Jerusalem/Al Quds working for peace.

I think we can also all agree Hummus is good too. Thanks to Bruno.

https://giordanos.com

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #9,251 of 14,564
This NE Missouri boy says real Chicago pizza has cracker-thin crispy crust and is cut into squares. :) Oh, and if you put ketchup on a hot dog you deserve to be shot.

Ketchup on a hot dog ... no way! And no cheese, either.

We decided to order local pizza tonight.
I can't get the idea of anchovy and jalapeno out of my head, thanks to @mbusby! :)

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #9,253 of 14,564
It's that time of year in Texas -- State Fair. And what would the Texas State Fair be without the venerable …

Fletcher's Corny Dog!!!

corny4.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #9,255 of 14,564
I used to occasionally order a few Giordanos frozen by mail. It is actually cheaper than eating at the restaurant and is outstanding. I work with a couple of guys from Chicago and they got me on one time. Haven't been to Chicago myself outside the airports. Also I still remember eating deep-dish pizza at a place called Mama Bear's near @Paladin79 back in 1997 or so in Bloomington, IN.

I've also made couple trips to Italy (including Naples) about the same time and still love a good Neapolitan Pizza. I also love a good NY-styIe pizza too having been to NYC. I hope we don't turn this into an objectivist vs subjectivist type discussion, there is enough room for more than one type of Pizza in my stomach. :pizza:

I think we can all agree pizza is delicious. Even though I now have to make my own pizza to avoid onion and garlic allergies. At least "desert pizza" is still safe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way I studied Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason and also studied it for a semester in the Levant. Here is a video of me at Al Aqsa/Temple Mount in Jerusalem/Al Quds working for peace.

I think we can also all agree Hummus is good too. Thanks to Bruno.

https://giordanos.com

I have eaten at Giordano's in Chicago about a half dozen times and by far it is my favorite pizza. We have a couple of them now in Indiana but prior to that I used to have them Fed Exed to me packed in dry ice. The best deal was to buy three at a time cause shipping was the same if you ordered one. I can abide thin crust, if I have to, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back