What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
May 23, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #8,071 of 14,566
That is mean. I am not taking this personally just because I am an old man myself (although one with much to do).

Now I realize that my judgement may seem over the line coming from me, one who pokes fun at generalized bad/stupid users in tube quizzes (and on and on). Reluctantly or not, I have much to learn from anyone, even if it is only a viewpoint. Therefore, I allow most, if not all to soldier on in this thread no matter how much I love or hate their comments unless overruled (rarely) by the moderators here. In an anonymous forum such as this, we only know each other by what we post.

The last thing I want to do in this post is signal bullschiit virtue. I am not going to talk about can't we all get along or some other crap. This is not just because all of us can't no matter what I say. The deal is that most of us can in spite of ourselves. This is a group of people with common interests, no matter how little they may agree. Now I may poke fun at some generalized group here, but I never will single out anyone and call them <<insert insult here>>.

A thread minus personal attacks is a happier thread. Old people like me who think they are happy prefer that. Maybe there are others hanging around here who feel the same.

May 23, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #8,072 of 14,566
I've been lurking here for a short while, but long enough to feel I understand the regulars (irregulars?) around here.

My take on the problem is winders is often too wound-up, and PCT is often too wined-up :wink: But that's part of the character around here.

Hey we're all here because we all enjoy the same thing. Let's just have some loose fun and enjoy it.

May 23, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #8,073 of 14,566
Good movie.

May 23, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #8,074 of 14,566
I'd just like to say thanks to Mike and team for the Version B Yggdrasil analog system. I received mine back from upgrade yesterday and can immediately tell the noise floor is lower, the bass resolution is improved, and the "analytical edge" to use an audiophoole term is gone without losing any details. The signal path is much improved and the thing sounds fantastic. Not that it sounded bad before, but it goes to show that even superb performance can be improved by smart designers. I intend to listen quite a bit today.

May 23, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #8,075 of 14,566
I don't use the Ignore function, but I assumed that it just disabled email notifications for specified people. Does it also filter out their content?

Yes. Completely gone.

May 23, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #8,076 of 14,566
PCT is often too wined-up
Wined up?
Nooooo.... it's my flawless, quick witted, humorous, upper intelligent, fast worded, funny cynical, dark coloured, bright stipulated, intense meaningful and funky character.

May 23, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #8,077 of 14,566
Fun discords. I'm an old man, too, but not a grumpy one. I'm a happy old man.
Happy because I discovered the audio bliss of Schiit Audio. Thanks to Mike for keeping watch over us.
My thanks to most folks here for your positive and informative posts.

May 23, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #8,078 of 14,566
Yes. Completely gone.

Thanks for the info. In that case I don't think I will ever use ignore. Good, bad, agree, disagree. I want to read it all.

May 23, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #8,079 of 14,566
I'd just like to say thanks to Mike and team for the Version B Yggdrasil analog system. I received mine back from upgrade yesterday and can immediately tell the noise floor is lower, the bass resolution is improved, and the "analytical edge" to use an audiophoole term is gone without losing any details. The signal path is much improved and the thing sounds fantastic. Not that it sounded bad before, but it goes to show that even superb performance can be improved by smart designers. I intend to listen quite a bit today.

but is it still obsolete? lol

May 23, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #8,081 of 14,566
Old men don't exist. We remain children throughout our lives. After all we are here, discussing our toys and bragging about them by putting a list of them in our signatures. :)
But...you don't have a signature line... :)

May 23, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #8,082 of 14,566
I guess I missed the entire kerfuffle.
Putting certain select posters on ignore will do that for you.

I have also learned that some folks NEED to create drama, NEED to stir the pot, NEED to have the emotional content amped up.
It's what makes them the focus of attention and feel alive.

I also learned that I don't have to contribute to such endeavors, and the ignore feature is the perfect solution, for me, for this.

Just my 2¢.

JJ

May 24, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #8,083 of 14,566
I just lurve cat fights.........

giphy.gif
1264505362_cat-fight.gif
xVbN0Za.gif
8DER.gif
the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

Wined up?
Nooooo.... it's my flawless, quick witted, humorous, upper intelligent, fast worded, funny cynical, dark coloured, bright stipulated, intense meaningful and funky character.
Oh, you're one of those too........? Strange..... I thought I wuz unique...........:ksc75smile:

May 24, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #8,084 of 14,566
Well yet again I must give up any hope of making do with a Gumby and hold out for my eventual Yggy...

May 24, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #8,085 of 14,566
HumanFly said:
Maybe someone can explain to me what the point of an external clock generator would be, why they cost several thousands of moneys and how do you connect it to schtuff whilst killing time.
Doesn't have to be that pricy, I dicked around with it on one of my dacs, ended up kinda cool cause I can route any clock into it, def not stock sound anymore (still use it!):
Also just recently for the existing 44/88/176 supporting stock clock (non-external), I swapped in a new NDK SD"A" crystal, really changes the character of the dac.
https://forum.psaudio.com/t/dliii-dac-update/3655
Anyway... this is probably a pretty basic/rudimentary way of doing it... sure those DCS, etc. ext. clocks are far more interesting... way overpriced tho. Maybe they are trying to isolate the clocks with a perfect power supply and enclosure... bet it's still another can of worms routing a 20+ MHz clock signal more than a few millimeters though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back