What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 19, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #5,164 of 14,566
I only know Humboldt County because of Humboldt Fog, the iconic goat cheese, which I adore. Costco has it for a better price than whole foods, but that might just be a bay area thing. Haven't seen it that I recall in culver city costco (half a block from our Venice home).
You live in Venice! The most interesting beach I've ever been to.
This trip is gonna cost me a leg and a kidney!

Yggy kind of scares me because I am a sucker for detail

P.S. my wife just almost pissed herself when she saw my comment to like ratio.
It is very clear to her that you guys don`t have to live with me.
Might I suggest the Gungnir MB?
It is 1/2 the price of Yggy.

The SQ is much better than 1/2 of the Yggy. More like 90-95%.
Now...that's a good value.

No AES input.
Weighs in at 5kg vs. 11kg.
Resolves to 19 bits vs. 21 bits.
A bit warmer sounding than Yggy.

You won't be disappointed.
Stop by for a listen...LaVergne, TN.
Give a call first so I can stock up some herring and moonshine.

Cheers,
RCB

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #5,165 of 14,566
I'd like to mention an album I heard last night that made me sit up and really listen (more than usual !) ... "Revisiting Grappelli" by Mathias Lévy, an alternative-jazz album with some amazing violin, cello and double-bass. The depth of detail of the effects played (and deliberately misplayed) on the strings was a joy. The clarity of the instruments and soundstage depth & ambient quality is startlingly good. I'm not usually given to superlatives but this is truly superb and a great test of what the EITR/GMB pairing is capable of. The use of a Balanced Power Supply (recently introduced into my chain) helps to further enhance the clarity the EITR already delivers.

Thank you! I'd never heard or even heard of this album. Listening to it right now -- excellent!

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #5,167 of 14,566
I'd like to mention an album I heard last night that made me sit up and really listen (more than usual !) ... "Revisiting Grappelli" by Mathias Lévy, an alternative-jazz album with some amazing violin, cello and double-bass.
Why, oh why do hires download distributors not offer new albums in all regions? They don't want my $$$? Not available from any distributor that accessible from the US :rage:

Oct 20, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #5,172 of 14,566
Oct 20, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #5,173 of 14,566
Figures indeed coz talking about I²S asstivity and selling S/PDIF transports seems a little strange but having a single chip doing USB to multibit decoded analog audio does sound like a plan :)
It isn't the I2S asstivity anywhere near as much than the Delta Sigma asstivity. It just happens that all ds DACs that I have seen have I2S. This is so any moron can design with them.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 20, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #5,174 of 14,566
What's better than I²S to feed a DAC chip then? Certainly not S/PDIF AFAIK and they'd rather sell you another chip for USB, provided that they even have one on offer because until recently it took way too much assle to provide windows drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back