What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Apr 1, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #13,473 of 14,565
Out of interest, I looked that wine up and the price (in the UK) means it’s more expensive than a lot of the products that Jason sells.
I did chuckle when I noticed it, thinking of the contrast between the cost of the wine and the affordable image of Schiit. Maybe the message is, buy our Schiit and splurge on wine.

Apr 14, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #13,478 of 14,565
I'm thinking about getting an upright piano for the condo. Steinway k52 looks interesting.
I learned to play on an upright piano, it belonged to my mom. We used to play duets. When I got serious, she bought me a new console piano. Still have it, to this day.

When I came to Nashville in 1995, I was fooling around and went to a piano store. They had a Steinway upright. I didn't know such a thing existed. The keyboard action was great, and the sound was like having a grand piano inside an upright. They wanted $15k for it. I didn't even look at the grands; why fall in love with something you'll never have :)

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #13,479 of 14,565
I'm thinking about getting an upright piano for the condo. Steinway k52 looks interesting.
Growing up, we had a refurbished antique Weser upright grand. It was a good piano, but those keys were rough and glissandos were next to impossible on it. My parents got rid of it a decade or so ago. I have some pictures of it somewhere.

Apr 16, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #13,483 of 14,565
Due to a scheduling conflict (getting my 2nd vaccination shot) I had to watch the recording of Mike's livestream on YouTube. Oh well.

It was all going great until Mike mentioned a new analog board for the Yggy. Drat! I have a Yggy on order! The shipping date has already been bumped out once, so I don't want to cancel and wait for the new boards. Or maybe it got bumped because of the new boards? Ugh. My day was going so well ... :wink:

I think I'll keep my order in place. I haven't heard anyone complaining about the current analog boards. Quite the contrary.

Thanks again, Mike, from a prior Theta customer (CasaNova & DaVid II). You got me back in the hobby again!

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #13,484 of 14,565
Just saw the video, that last bit about delta-sigma was intriguing. Could a new delta-sigma modulator design allow a very different DAC design? Chord and Linn (with their new Organik) designs explore that space at very high price points. It would be amazing if Mike and team came up with something as disruptive as Yggdrasil but with their own filters-modulators and then a simple 1-bit integrator. One can dream...

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #13,485 of 14,565
Mike looks well recovered and in good spirits.

Good to hear about the work on new analog boards for Yggy, that's when I'll upgrade both of mine to Unison to match up with the CD spinner, which will most likely come out first and I can live with SPDIF / AES out on URD until then.

Still no mention of the feature set on URD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back