What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #11,281 of 14,566
Okay, back from vacation. I find not having coffee the morning of a big time zone change helps the body slide from one to the next. Went to bed at 10pm west coast time, got up ~7:30. Job well done as far as I'm concerned.

This morning I'm reviving my Breville Dual Boiler from its summer hibernation ("der Sommerwinterschlaf") with a blank shot and then a cleaning cycle. Hopefully the steam wand doesn't have any schiit up there that will require disassembly.

Listening to the Bilson/Gardiner Mozart Piano Concerti.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #11,282 of 14,566
Good job. When I travel internationally I find the best way to adjust is to get your body onto the time zone of your destination as soon as possible, including before I get on the plane sometimes.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #11,283 of 14,566
Okay, back from vacation. I find not having coffee the morning of a big time zone change helps the body slide from one to the next. Went to bed at 10pm west coast time, got up ~7:30. Job well done as far as I'm concerned.

This morning I'm reviving my Breville Dual Boiler from its summer hibernation ("der Sommerwinterschlaf") with a blank shot and then a cleaning cycle. Hopefully the steam wand doesn't have any schiit up there that will require disassembly.

Listening to the Bilson/Gardiner Mozart Piano Concerti.
Well done and welcome back, Bosie. Time flies ... it seems like you just departed!

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #11,286 of 14,566
How does one put a budgie down?

Well it's funny you should ask that, but I've just been reading a great big book about how to put your budgie down, and apparently you can either hit them with the book, or, you can shoot them just there, just above the beak.

[thanks to the Python crew... I love that it's in the form of a dialogue between Mrs. Premise and Mrs. Conclusion]

@bosiemoncrieff : do you now "know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"?

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #11,287 of 14,566
Well it's funny you should ask that, but I've just been reading a great big book about how to put your budgie down, and apparently you can either hit them with the book, or, you can shoot them just there, just above the beak.

[thanks to the Python crew... I love that it's in the form of a dialogue between Mrs. Premise and Mrs. Conclusion]

@bosiemoncrieff : do you now "know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"?

At least give the budgie some coffee before you do the deed.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #11,288 of 14,566
At least give the budgie some coffee before you do the deed.
What in sam hell is this all about?! Final Destination, The Avian Edition?! >:)

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #11,289 of 14,566
Not a budgie but

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #11,291 of 14,566
Today I hit the button on upgrading my Yggdrasil to the V2 build.
Even a little improvement would be much appreciated.
Now let's hope they have the time for this old geezer.

I hope you're getting it done in Europe and not the US...

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #11,292 of 14,566
I hope you're getting it done in Europe and not the US...
Of course. Schiit Europe is 20km from my home. There's always a sturdy old lady who comes to take away, bring or swap schiit.
She is very nice and I love her practical way of solving others problem.

Jul 26, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #11,293 of 14,566
Of course. Schiit Europe is 20km from my home. There's always a sturdy old lady who comes to take away, bring or swap schiit.
She is very nice and I love her practical way of solving others problem.

Schiit Europe does DAC upgrades too? I guess I’ll send my old Bifrost Uber in when Schiit releases the next Multibit upgrade for it.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #11,294 of 14,566
Schiit Europe does DAC upgrades too? I guess I’ll send my old Bifrost Uber in when Schiit releases the next Multibit upgrade for it.

I doubt they are going to completely redesign the bifrost multibit upgrade card. Besides, according to some, the latest multibit card is equivalent to the previous generation Gumby. Go ahead and upgrade away.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #11,295 of 14,566
I doubt they are going to completely redesign the bifrost multibit upgrade card. Besides, according to some, the latest multibit card is equivalent to the previous generation Gumby. Go ahead and upgrade away.
I agree with this. It will make a world of difference @Zojokkeli.
Perhaps consider the USB Gen5 at the same time ... if you use USB, it's a big improvement :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back