What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Apr 21, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #10,261 of 14,566
Aero Press? Had to look that one up, looks like you need a checklist to follow the procedure, not exactly what I want to go thru waiting for that first cup a coffee each morning, lol. I still think old fashion perc works best, but I also believe that the most important part of any coffee making is the quality / taste of the water used. The coffee won;t taste any better than the water allows it to, and good tasting water is harder to come by than ever.

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #10,263 of 14,566
Important life update:

I just bought an art installation that occasionally doubles as an electric kettle

stagg-ekg.jpg

Very nice, I like.

Apr 21, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #10,264 of 14,566
It is indeed for pour over. Half of my environmentalism is in the interest of coffee water.

Aero press is something I’ve heard good things about, but I take direction from the many cafes of the third wave of coffee, which limit themselves to espresso and pour over. I actually own two French presses, but haven’t made French press in over a year.

Apr 21, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #10,265 of 14,566
It is indeed for pour over. Half of my environmentalism is in the interest of coffee water.

Aero press is something I’ve heard good things about, but I take direction from the many cafes of the third wave of coffee, which limit themselves to espresso and pour over. I actually own two French presses, but haven’t made French press in over a year.

AeroPress makes coffee with very low acidity, which is the main reason I stick with it.

Apr 21, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #10,266 of 14,566
AeroPress makes coffee with very low acidity, which is the main reason I stick with it.

I like a little acid in my coffee, it makes my Schiit sound better. :smirk_cat:

Oh, that may be TMI.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #10,267 of 14,566
Just made a pour over. The beans are more suited to espresso, but the quality of the pouring is just amazing. If you need a top-flight pour over kettle, end game is just the cost of a Vali!

Interestingly, Toscanini conducts Wagner with great expansiveness. He closes in on a 16 minute Parsifal prelude - Furtwängler is a little under 14 minutes in my recording.

And when he wants to, Furtwängler races right through moments of subtlety with unbelievable speed — his Liebestod with Leider (which I can't find online) is 4:55.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #10,268 of 14,566

Is it possible to warm on different temperatures? Lower for instance for chocolate poor.
Can you tell us where to buy it? I would love to have one too.

Apr 21, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #10,271 of 14,566
Yes. The power button is also a knob that you can twist to set the temperature. You can switch C/F. You can also opt to hold the temperature in place for 60 minutes.

https://fellowproducts.com/stagg-ekg/

Alas I only know of a 110V version presently.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #10,272 of 14,566
Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #10,273 of 14,566
Aero Press? Had to look that one up, looks like you need a checklist to follow the procedure, not exactly what I want to go thru waiting for that first cup a coffee each morning, lol. I still think old fashion perc works best
Perculator :astonished: Coffee boiled and reboiled :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

AeroPress is my favorite method for home brewing. Faster and easier than drip filter or pour-over. The style of the brew could be described as a filtered espresso. I usually find pour-overs too watery for my taste and prefer the stronger AeroPress style.

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #10,274 of 14,566
Lol if it’s too watery add coffee relative to water. I typically take 15:1, but my dad likes 9:1, so that’s what he gets when I’m in LA.

Making a pizza and having a mango gin. Listening to the Vickers Goodall Parsifal.

Happy Easter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back