What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 4, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #8,971 of 14,564
I dunno about maple syrup but Vermont maple creamies are an addiction. Luckily (?) I only visit there otherwise I'd resemble the Hindenberg.

I was watching that Gumby kerfuffle. I do not understand the thought process as evidenced in that conversation.

I do like paying for what Mike's (and Jason's) ears make.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #8,972 of 14,564
I dunno about maple syrup but Vermont maple creamers are an addiction. Luckily (?) I only visit there otherwise I'd resemble the Hindenberg.

I was watching that Gumby kerfuffle. I do not understand the thought process as evidenced in that conversation.

I do like paying for what Mike's (and Jason's) ears make.

Uh, top of my list if I go back to Vermont is to Ski, and take my wife to Ben and Jerry's factory.

Favorite Flavor: Americone Dream what else.

And I'll look for a MS tasting too. Wonder if there is MS trail ala the Bourbon Trail?

Any good US Audio companies in Vermont to visit?

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #8,973 of 14,564
I am a blasphemer and Philistine, in that I really don't like maple syrup, or maple flavor in anything actually. Shoot me now.

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #8,974 of 14,564
Uh, top of my list if I go back to Vermont is to Ski, and take my wife to Ben and Jerry's factory.

Favorite Flavor: Americone Dream what else.

And I'll look for a MS tasting too. Wonder if there is MS trail ala the Bourbon Trail?

Any good US Audio companies in Vermont to visit?

Thinksound is in nearby New Hampshire. I have no idea if they have any kind of a factory or showroom or anything open to the public, though (probably not?).

https://store.thinksound.com/pages/contact

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #8,975 of 14,564
I am a blasphemer and Philistine, in that I really don't like maple syrup, or maple flavor in anything actually. Shoot me now.

Can I press all your buttons at once and suggest Knob Creek maple whiskey :wink:

To be fair, it doesn't really taste like whiskey, it tastes like breakfast foods. But I did recommend it to a co-worker as the ultimate breakfast whiskey. He plays an occasional acoustic duo with his daughter as "Whiskey For Breakfast" as a play on the song titled "Whiskey Before Breakfast"

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #8,976 of 14,564
Not a skier
Now you just have to send me all your Schiit and go back to your DIY cave :wink:

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #8,977 of 14,564
Not a skier

Now you just have to send me all your Schiit and go back to your DIY cave :wink:
Send me your address, social security number, date of birth and major bank account numbers and it's all on the way!

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #8,978 of 14,564
Send me your address, social security number, date of birth and major bank account numbers and it's all on the way!

All to the tune of: "Someday my Prince Will Come."

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #8,980 of 14,564
Sep 4, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #8,981 of 14,564
Lovely mountains, if only they got actual powder snow rather than rain, sleet, or ice :frowning2:
Well, if you can ski on that stuff, you can ski on anything.

This is probably the reason that I never took up skiing. That type of 'snow' was the only thing that I had available to learn on.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #8,982 of 14,564
I spent three years stationed in Fairbanks with a downhill ski area on the fort and a shared cross-country course (half Army half community). The US Olympic Cross Country Team trains in Fairbanks cause the season is about 6 month long. Not saying I'm a good skier or anything.

Oddly enough the downhill ski area on the Fort was the only of the three downhill ski areas in the Fairbanks region with Snow-making machines. Because it is so dry in Fairbanks this meant in one winter we were there the other slopes didn't open until well into Feb, where as the Fort's open in October.

I learned to ski however in VA so I can handle some ice. I'm not a great skier but it sure is fun.

When in 2010 Snowmageedon hit DC area I came really close to using my Cross-Country Skis. I didn't out of fear I would scratch the schiit out of them.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #8,983 of 14,564
...but you like bacon, right?

RIGHT!? :ksc75smile:

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #8,985 of 14,564

I'm shocked, as maple nut ice cream is the favorite flavor of cranky old men everywhere... :ksc75smile: I think it's the only thing my mom's dad agreed about with my dad.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back