1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
Next

Last
  1. madwolfa
    What...?

That's a bit strong statement, buddy.

sublime9, liamo and MWSVette like this.
  2. madwolfa
    I've been using my Bifrost (with regular Gen 2 USB) for over 4 years and I haven't had any problems with noise.

PS: I feel like this thread is under some kind of coordinated trolls/shills attack, to be honest. Quite unusual activity.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. madwolfa
    So my anecdote vs someone else's anecdote. Is there an actual evidence of widespread issue affecting an inordinate amount of users?

FLTWS and RickB like this.
  4. JohnnyCanuck
    Just got the first two entries on my ignore list.

Huzzah!

liamo and MWSVette like this.
  5. amirm
    No, the person who loaned me is in the first page of my review thread and goes by a different alias. And he sent me both of his Schiit products (Bifrost and Sys) because he bought an RME DAC.

As to trusting people, unless you are telling me they have the ability to degrade the performance of an audio product while it still produces music, I say yes. :) I am testing their audio product, not the person himself.

As to BiFrost, I was told to not open it. I did look at it though and there is no tamper proof tag on it to know if it has or has not be opened. Is there a way to tell?

Let's agree if some motivation leads to me getting a unit to measure and get more data in the wild, ultimately that is good for all of us.

bunkbail, L0rdGwyn, tili and 3 others like this.
  6. MWSVette

OK, lets take these things one at a time.

No I am not trying to prove anything. The poster stated they purchased 4 pieces of Schiity equipment. No spite, just found it odd one would repeat the same mistake over and over.

As far as more Schiit I actually bought a Schiit Valhalla 2 today from a fellow Head-fier and intend to pick up a Loki, an Octal Lisst and one of the new remotes for the Saga/Freya sometime in the future. So probably more than two.

Never said a word about noise. Schiit has always stated they recommend coax or optical, because well USB for audio sucks. I use Wyrd's not for any sonic improvement or noise issue. I use them because they allow me to run longer USB cables from my computer.

And by the way I also have a ton of other equipment including, Parasound, Emotiva, Airist Audio and Fiio.

I guess my recommendation for you would be don't buy any Schiit.

And now where is that ignore button...

RCBinTN likes this.
  7. HumanFly
    Thank you for your reply. I hope there still is room for dialogue on your side of things as well.
    Please try and convince the guy who lent you the unit to send it in and test it again. Or better yet, test another unit and see if its similar.
    I really can`t imagine the Bifrost being that bad. Granted I only heard the ModiMB, Gungnir and Yggy, but still.

8. RCBinTN
    Pietro! Finally - we missed you in this discussion! The voice of reason.

C'mon folks - here are the obvious conclusions...
    1) Schiit DACs sound better and are out-selling the competition,
    2) These are just hired hit-trolls at $25 per post,
    3) There is one main troll and 2-3 trolls in training.
    Don't feed 'em. They will go away soon enough.

9. amirm
    He wants to sell it and it is not my place to ask him to do anything with it.

I am however fully willing to test another unit. I assume I am in a thread with tons of owners of this product. Whoever owns it and cares about re-verification of this result, please PM me and I will provide the shipping information.

For now, as noted my results pretty much match that of atomicbom so I am not hopeful there will be any variation.

robertbudding, tili and D2Girls like this.
  10. D2Girls
    nobody is trolling....

rutter likes this.
  11. HumanFly
    Is he aware he wants to sell a, what the guy who made it calls, defect product?

12. RCBinTN
    Well, certainly AtomicBob isn't trolling...

13. HumanFly
    Nope I am saying that the guy who made it calls it a broken unit. I am not personally claiming anything :)
    I never even heard a Bifrost. Learn to read people. You completely missed the point in BALDR`s reply. I`m done with this.
    Amirm I hope you will check in again to tell us about the results.

RCBinTN likes this.
  14. HumanFly
    I`m reading both forums so this might seem weird but the guy trying to escalate things over there knows what I mean.

15. madwolfa
    From my understanding (admittedly very limited), it's not exceptionally poor; it's still fully linear down to, what, -70dBFS? And only -5dB at -80dBFS? I think it's about what you'd expect from a relatively inexpensive multibit DAC, no? Low-level linearity is an inherent weakness of R2R technology. Whether it can be heard at this level is up to debate...

By the way, I couldn't find any linearity measurements of Yggdrasil... Does anyone know if such were made by anyone?

robertbudding, liamo and MWSVette like this.
First

Back
443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
Next

Last