What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
May 15, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #3,256 of 14,566
How you Americans always know how to screw up European names.
It's a gift.

Yeah, nobody in the US refers to them as Nürnberg or Köln. I can't even find a way to insert a symbol or umlaut on this website.
Not that I would do that, too often :).

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #3,257 of 14,566
if continental europeans didn't look down their noses at the rest of the world they would utterly lose their charm, and we wouldn't spend our money each year glimpsing their scintillating culture on our lengthy vacations thereto. I'm spending fully eight weeks this summer, though half of that is in England. If you have a Mac, you can option-press 'U' (¨)

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #3,258 of 14,566
May 15, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,259 of 14,566
if continental europeans didn't look down their noses at the rest of the world they would utterly lose their charm, and we wouldn't spend our money each year glimpsing their scintillating culture on our lengthy vacations thereto. I'm spending fully eight weeks this summer, though half of that is in England. If you have a Mac, you can option-press 'U' (¨)

Thank you, sir! And, your 8-week trip sounds like a ton of fun.

May 15, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #3,261 of 14,566
Well, this thread and etc. gets more interesting...I, for one, like the on/off switches on the back. Per Jason, it makes for a better overall design.

May 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,263 of 14,566
The "glitch"....
Having just gotten a Gumby I say we need more hardware with glitches like that if they make the hardware sound as good.

May 15, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #3,264 of 14,566
The "glitch"....
I defer to the designer, who knows a lot more than anyone crying about a "glitch," and also to my ears which tell me that the output from Yggdrasil is markedly superior to other DACS I have used, ever those costing more than 10x as much. There is no glitch that affects the user experience.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #3,265 of 14,566
I defer to the designer, who knows a lot more than anyone crying about a "glitch," and also to my ears which tell me that the output from Yggdrasil is markedly superior to other DACS I have used, ever those costing more than 10x as much. There is no glitch that affects the user experience oz

Fully agree! Keep those glitches coming our way.

May 15, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #3,267 of 14,566
Do I detect a possible follow up to the "Obsolete" ad series?

I love by Bimby, but the more gear I hear, the more I find that audio is a series of "sphincters" or "orifices." Once each sphincter is "open" to a sufficient degree, paying to widen it ever further is unnecessary. Transducers, naturally, matter the most, but if the dac "lets though" sufficient schiit, and if the schiit is in turn allowed to pass easily through the amp without disturbance, further spending is merely an exercise in audio nervosa. Everyone's ears are different, and everyone is picky to a different degree, but I am very happy with my chain, and am seeing less reason every day to improve it further.

May 15, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #3,268 of 14,566
I defer to the designer, who knows a lot more than anyone crying about a "glitch," and also to my ears which tell me that the output from Yggdrasil is markedly superior to other DACS I have used, ever those costing more than 10x as much. There is no glitch that affects the user experience oz

I was making no judgements on way or the other. I was commenting on the question saying Mike was probably tired of it.

I love my Yggdrasil! I don't hear any "glitch" myself. It's there based on scope output but it would appear you need impossibly golden ears to hear it. Mike said it was inaudible and, based on my listening experience, I have no reason to disagree with him.

May 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #3,270 of 14,566
Don't name your company Schiit if you don't want sphincter metaphors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back