What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
May 13, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #3,226 of 14,566
We need to bring tons of concrete.
There's no Pogo Dancing on sand.
Too soft.
Doesn't hurt enough.

But...you'll be at triage with the moonshine. Looking forward to painful pogo!

May 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,227 of 14,566
Ahhhh. You know Trombone Shorty then.... one of my new heroes.

For sure. Troy is a cool dude, and his band is killer. He's a New Orleans guy, we got some roots there. Going down for Memorial Day weekend.

Backatown.jpeg

May 13, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #3,228 of 14,566
You guys keep amazing me. Here I sit, thinking I know a thing or two about (modern/pop)music but everytime you start talking classical it turns out I have no clue.
5 minutes later another dude shows up for whom it also seems common knowledge. I need to work on my blindspots :) .
Listening to F.M.Einheit right now maybe I should switch to Mahler...maybe. Just to keep it German.

edit:
New Forum Pet Peeve part 1337-6.
I hate how using an emoticon changes the spacing.
Bad typography is bad. Dont do bad typography mmmkay.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #3,229 of 14,566
You guys keep amazing me. Here I sit, thinking I know a thing or two about (modern/pop)music but everytime you start talking classical it turns out I have no clue.
5 minutes later another dude shows up for whom it also seems common knowledge. I need to work on my blindspots :) .
Listening to F.M.Einheit right now maybe I should switch to Mahler...maybe. Just to keep it German.

Yeah, I know very little about classical - but have learned by reading this thread. When I need a classical fix, I usually go to Mozart or Beethoven first.

May 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #3,230 of 14,566
I think I`ll just start looking up whatever is discussed.
Probably the easiest way of finding my own niche in classical.
I already know of some I like but its a limited selection.
And I tend to gravitate to the moody stuff although some of Mozarts is okay too.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #3,232 of 14,566

edit:
New Forum Pet Peeve part 1337-6.
I hate how using an emoticon changes the spacing.
Bad typography is bad. Dont do bad typography mmmkay.

You're still a young puppy so don't worry.
Don't do Mahler unless you pass by for a prescription of some anti depressants.

I'm off now. See you all on Monday.

May 14, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #3,235 of 14,566
Are box sets allowed on the desert island?

I raise you a Boulez -- actually two, the Columbia/Sony set and the DGG set -- both on the way, over 100 CDs to rip.

May 14, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #3,236 of 14,566
I raise you a Boulez -- actually two, the Columbia/Sony set and the DGG set -- both on the way, over 100 CDs to rip.

Your both correct!

May 14, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #3,239 of 14,566
Is your avatar the Twilight Zone Thing-On-The-Wing? With a young captain Kirk saying:
But...there...is smoething...on the wing.

Yes but mine is from the re-make with John Lithgow, its a more stylized, tasteful, gremlin.
upload_2017-5-14_13-51-51.jpeg

The original with Shatner reminds me of the ape from Murders in the Rue Morgue. Or Bigfoot!
upload_2017-5-14_13-49-41.jpeg

upload_2017-5-14_13-48-8.jpeg

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3,240 of 14,566
Yes but mine is from the re-make with John Lithgow, its a more stylized, tasteful, gremlin.

The original with Shatner reminds me of the ape from Murders in the Rue Morgue. Or Bigfoot!

Shatner wil not be amused! Even I think its a little harsh to compare the man to Bigfoot.
Big foot on the other hand may take offence because he is probably the better actor.
(doesnt matter, I have been a Shatner(Kirk) fanboy forever, I bask in the shiny radiance of his stellar ego.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back