Wet Shaving
Nov 8, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #106 of 277
somehow this situation is highly ironical... here i am who rarely shaves and mostly i just use a wahl trimmer..and here's Gatto..a girl who uses a Razor.

no offense but i find it fundamentally wrong
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #108 of 277
Also the girl who plays video games and spends more money on audio gear any of the men I know

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #109 of 277
Anything that'd make my morning ritual of agony, to be less agonizing, would be welcome.

Eventually I'm just going to get it all permanently removed and be done with it. Expensive though.

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #110 of 277
Grats Gatto!

I bought some stuff from someone on Gadger n Blade. Took him over 5 days to ship after paying though
mad.gif
I should have my stuff Tuesday. Really looking forward to it!

Syn, are you talking about electrolysis? I saw a sight that sold a home use device for about $40. Let me go find the link.

Edit: found it. There are 2 actually
http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page435.html
http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/page398.html (top one)

Edit2: I wanted to explain why I saw these. I was looking for seamless combs (I have long hair) :p

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #111 of 277
Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread. I've been wet shaving for almost a year now and have never looked back or even considered going back.

I've got a Merkur HD and an offname brush. Several good TOBS creams and an assortment of other creams. If anyone wants any suggestions on trying creams, just let me know as I've tried a whole lot of them. While some prefer soaps I find creams easier to use and usually get better lathers, but I do have some soaps. Good call on the west coast sampler pack. I got the $23 (at the time) pack and it's really let me see which blades are for me and which aren't.

Badger and Blade is a great resource. You'll find lots of knowledgeable people there (I'm a member myself) and all of them are helpful and friendly. Pretty similar to what you'll find around these parts.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #113 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrosecarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently switched from Mach 3 to Fusion and noticed a huge difference. Am I missing out on even more?

The razor is only part of it. What is your prep routine? Getting the face and whiskers ready to be cut off if one of the most important parts. Do you ever get irritation or ingrown hairs? How smooth do you shave?

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #114 of 277
I just convinced my boyfriend to shave with my DE, he liked it but said it took too long... pfft

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #116 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just convinced my boyfriend to shave with my DE, he liked it but said it took too long... pfft

Tell him how much you like it when he does it. Then he'll do it everyday!
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #117 of 277
I want him to learn to use a straight, that is just sexy.

Nov 9, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #118 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrosecarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently switched from Mach 3 to Fusion and noticed a huge difference. Am I missing out on even more?

You are indeed!
bigsmile_face.gif

Just read this thread and you will find out that most of us think wetshaving (with a DE) is a whole different experience than shaving with a cartridge razor.

Nov 9, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #119 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are indeed!
bigsmile_face.gif

Just read this thread and you will find out that most of us think wetshaving (with a DE) is a whole different experience than shaving with a cartridge razor.

Hmm, I've only used a cartridge razor before. So maybe I'll try it if/when I shave my beard off
tongue.gif

At the moment I'm getting quite scruffy, I haven't shaved (bar my neck) or had a haircut for around a year... This is quite a long way to go for me too, I used to shave daily and pay for very nice haircuts (most girls though I was crazy spending the amount I did...).

Nov 9, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #120 of 277
don't forget to take the blade out of your razor before you go through check-in at the airport! they made me take out the blade from my merkur in boston...perhaps that sounds obvious, but it's the first time i've had to do that at any airport and i've flown a lot with my toiletry bag in my carry-on. go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back