Wet Shaving
Oct 7, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #271 of 277
Good stuff
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #272 of 277
mmmm,i couldnt find the other thread about wet shaving and given that the search engine is dumb,this thread was the result
confused_face_2.gif

anyway,i followed Uncle Erik's advice and got me some cheap DE razor along with razor pack for which all costed me $2 and WOW,its way better than the stupidly expensive match3 or any of gillete crap.
i will use it from now on.

however,i want some advice on electrical shavers,are they any good?
i want to get one of the philips shavers with the 3 head(necrolic i think its name).i dont like shaving and i dont have thick beard and i shave every 3-4 days so i guess electrical shaver will be better for me.if i want a baby butt like face,i will use the DE razor.i have couple hundred bucks and i dont need any headphone right now(jh13 to blame here),so its all good
bigsmile_face.gif

what do you guys think?

thx.

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #273 of 277
How long do you guys think your average wet shaving routine is? My biggest concern with trying wet shaving is that it will take considerably longer than a modern cartridge razor and cream. I suppose I could keep both and use the cartridge when I don't have the time...

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #275 of 277
Quote:
How long do you guys think your average wet shaving routine is? My biggest concern with trying wet shaving is that it will take considerably longer than a modern cartridge razor and cream. I suppose I could keep both and use the cartridge when I don't have the time...

It takes a bit longer at first.  You'll probably spend 20-30 minutes shaving until you get the hang of it.  Then you'll get through a shave in about the same time as you would with a cartridge.  I haven't been able to get a quick shave with a straight razor, though.

One thing that helped me a lot was shaving at night in the beginning.  The shaves were so much closer with the DE safety razor, that I'm still smooth in the morning.  So I got used to taking my time and really enjoying a shave as part of the night routine.

Midoo, I haven't seen any electric razors I like.  What about getting in the habit of shaving every day?  I've come to enjoy the entire ritual, especially using the brush and scuttle.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #276 of 277

Quote:

It took me longer when I first picked up a DE razor but now it's usually pretty quick and around the same time as when I was using the cartridge but a bit longer. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #277 of 277
My favorite razor is a GEM 1912, it's a single edged razor. . . . . All the [size=12.0pt]convenience[/size] of safety razor, with the shave quality of a "straight razor"

- augustwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back