Wet Shaving
Oct 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #76 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, parents tend to dislike the stretched ears thing. Strangely enough, my mid-80s old money Republican grandmother (RIP) really liked my 00's. That's my limit; I personally think they start to get a little creepy after this size... I can remove mine without my ears falling down to my shoulders
biggrin.gif

How long did it take you to stretch them? I went to a guy that was, at the time (early 90s), considered the best piercer on the West Coast, and he was able to get mine to 00g in two months with a total of three visits.

mine actually aren't stretched anymore, it was a much more about the journey then the destination for me. I spent about 6 months getting them to 8G the first time. Took them out for about 5 months then spent another 6-7 months getting them to 6G, Got accepted to an internship at Disney World and of course they were not big fans and I took out the 6s, they closed down to about 14s, I am considering stretching them back up to 6s or 4s, the only problem is finding cheap enough steel earring and taper sets.

edit: I use to wear only bone and horn earrings but I got turned off from it near the end of my stretching because I would buy $50-$100 pairs of natural hand made earrings and they would be completely unusable because of their size differences.

Oct 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #78 of 277
I was looking around the Badger & Blade forums and nobody answered the question I have and I'd feel so weird making an account on there. Does anybody know if there is something else aside from a brush I can use to make lather... I'd feel so weird having a brush (in January I'll be living in a dorm room with 3 other girls)

edit: took the plunge and picked up the weishi razor, it comes with 5 blades. I'm sure I will end up making my own soap if I like this but before I spend $50 buying a brush and soap and all that stuff I'm just going to try the razor.

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #79 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha why would you shave your legs?

Just FYI, there are valid reasons that guys shave their legs. Cyclists (including me) keep their legs shaved, for example. Swimmers also shave their legs (and upper body, I believe).

Plus, more often than not, girls dig it (yeah it surprised me too).
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #80 of 277
this is true, duggeh just didn't seem like the type

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #81 of 277
It just takes too many careful with grain passes for these single edge razors to get a close shave! I watched that series of videos on youtube on the whole process a while ago. But those shave soaps are very interesting, with lemon and lavender scents, etc!

I use a fusion (ya, I know, the horror) with neutrogena men's shave gel, and using softened water I takes just one or two passes against the grain to get a really close shave. The blades only last 4-5 uses before they get dull and cause bleeding, however.

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #82 of 277
Quote:

I was looking around the Badger & Blade forums and nobody answered the question I have and I'd feel so weird making an account on there. Does anybody know if there is something else aside from a brush I can use to make lather... I'd feel so weird having a brush (in January I'll be living in a dorm room with 3 other girls)

edit: took the plunge and picked up the weishi razor, it comes with 5 blades. I'm sure I will end up making my own soap if I like this but before I spend $50 buying a brush and soap and all that stuff I'm just going to try the razor.

Gatto,

I was just digging around the internet to find info on this and may have found a website that might be helpful to you.

Fix - Fix - Reporting back from the*bathroom

Something you may find interesting is that they actually make DE razors for women called the "Lady Gillette".

Be very careful when using DE razors at first. There is a brief learning curve you'll have to go through to find the right angle before you actually get pretty good results. You will cut yourself, that's a given, but after a few shaves you should have perfect results the rest of way. Also, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to shave because this is much different and takes much longer than traditional cartridge razors. Apparently lots of women use this method with great results. Good luck.

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #83 of 277
Thanks! it looks pretty similar to the men's ones (only cute) I think I'm going to let the one I ordered come, and if it rocks I'll definitely pick up one of those vintage ones! anyone have any experience with the Conk World's Famous Shaving Soap? It seems to get awesome reviews and it's the cheapest that I've seen.

edit: found a few things on ebay, even if this sucks its only $5 so I'm giving this a try http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260307041389. Considering I don't intend to use the brush for anything but making the lather I don't think I need a good one (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #84 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, it could be said that electric razors are metro, and the old, classic way of shaving is for "real men" (after not shaving at all, obviously).

No, not at all. My metro reference was only for those who fuss excessively about this kind of thing. I can just imagine them spending 25 minutes in front of the mirror fiddling with their various 'man makeup' products. Re-read the OP's initial post and check out that stash!

I would have thought common the reaction to this thread would have been, "Get real, dude. Whatever whiskers you miss in your shave one morning will be there the next morning. You'll get another chance to cut them before they grow too much."

But no, instead, everyone jumped in with pics of their own man makeup and a long discussion ensued about how best to make the bubbles and froth, what brand names of brushes they use, etc.

Get real. It's just facial hair. I take maybe 3-4 minutes to deal with it each morning with my electric razor and a dry face. No "products" of any kind required. Anything more than that is simply self adoration in my view. To me, shaving is and will always be one of the 3 s's: sh!t, shower and shave.

What's next? A thread about the morning dump and how best to protect your butt hair from the unwelcome invasion of Mr. Toilet Paper? Or do you shave that too? I give up...

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #85 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, not at all. My metro reference was only for those who fuss excessively about this kind of thing. I can just imagine them spending 25 minutes in front of the mirror fiddling with their various 'man makeup' products. Re-read the OP's initial post and check out that stash!

I would have thought common the reaction to this thread would have been, "Get real, dude. Whatever whiskers you miss in your shave one morning will be there the next morning. You'll get another chance to cut them before they grow too much."

But no, instead, everyone jumped in with pics of their own man makeup and a long discussion ensued about how best to make the bubbles and froth, what brand names of brushes they use, etc.

Get real. It's just facial hair. I take maybe 3-4 minutes to deal with it each morning with my electric razor and a dry face. No "products" of any kind required. Anything more than that is simply self adoration in my view. To me, shaving is and will always be one of the 3 s's: sh!t, shower and shave.

What's next? A thread about the morning dump and how best to protect your butt hair from the unwelcome invasion of Mr. Toilet Paper?

Where did you see the make-up? Make-up is for sissy's.
tongue.gif

How is "high-end" shaving gear any different than "high-end" headphone gear.

I'd rather be called a metrosexual(which I am not) than a hummersexual

Oct 31, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #87 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you see the make-up? Make-up is for sissy's.
tongue.gif

I've simply called it man makeup. It's that wide assortment of 'products' (as they call such things in beauty salons) as depicted in the photo so proudly exhibited in the opening post of this thread.

But understand, I'm just joking around here. None of this matters to me, and I've got no problem at all with anyone who wants to make a hobby out of anything. Really. I'm just being silly. You know, you start with a theme in your mind, and then begin to type. As you go, it gets more and more absurd. But it's all for the shock effect. I don't suspect anyone will feel the need to rethink their masculinity on the basis of some crack pot comments from the peanut gallery (myself in this case) about the utter absurdity of their grooming habits.

Quote:

How is "high-end" shaving gear any different than "high-end" headphone gear.

You put headphones on your head to listen to music. This can be a rather pleasurable hobby that consumes hours on end of your leisure time. You put a razor blade to your face to shave off yesterday's whiskers. We're talking about a 3 minute procedure that is done immediately after taking a 2 minute crap and 5 minute shower in the morning. More than 10 minutes in the bathroom in the morning for a grown man is unnecessary except for any secret self-love byproduct benefits derived from playing with his man makeup products.

Quote:

I'd rather be called a metrosexual(which I am not) than a hummersexual

You've got a point there, man. Not that I would ever buy a Hummer or anything obnoxious like that. (Note: Oversized pic shown here just for effect. Kind of carrying the joke a little further. Not to be too metro, but this pic was taken before the outside lights, decals, and outer wheels were added to the trailer, and before the truly hummersexual hydraulic car lift was added inside, or the solar panels, etc.)

IMG_2005170.jpg

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #88 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's next? A thread about the morning dump and how best to protect your butt hair from the unwelcome invasion of Mr. Toilet Paper? Or do you shave that too? I give up...

LOL!!!. You owe me a new keyboard. Honestly, that made milk shoot out of my nose at some speed.

Btw, i was only joking. I like you love my electric shaver, but when i get moreish hair, i might switch to a wet shave, purely to get a closer shave. But nowhere near the "wet shave" in this thread. Just some gel in a can, and a good blade.

And you are right about the 10 mins. Any extra, and you are losing precious sleep time!!

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #89 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I was going for Donald Sutherland ¬ _¬

ya rite... so now u look like donald sutherland undergone chemotherapy

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #90 of 277
Quote:

took the plunge and picked up the weishi razor, it comes with 5 blades. I'm sure I will end up making my own soap if I like this but before I spend $50 buying a brush and soap and all that stuff I'm just going to try the razor.

Nice! I am sure you will be positive surprised with the result, compared to using those multi-blade razors.
A couple of weeks working on the technique will make it even smoother.

Something to impress the other girls with!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back