Wet Shaving
Oct 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #61 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who uses an electric razor? Some of you guys are just way too metro.

Lol, it could be said that electric razors are metro, and the old, classic way of shaving is for "real men" (after not shaving at all, obviously).

Oct 30, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #62 of 277
Quote:

Am I the only one who uses an electric razor? Some of you guys are just way too metro.

I would say more retro than metro, but hey, tomato.....well you get the picture.

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #63 of 277
For now the idea of buying a used razor kind of seems weird (I know it makes more sense but meh) I think I'm going to pick up that cheap $17 one from the site I found and try it. Also I agree, probably don't need the brush hehe.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #65 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For now the idea of buying a used razor kind of seems weird (I know it makes more sense but meh) I think I'm going to pick up that cheap $17 one from the site I found and try it. Also I agree, probably don't need the brush hehe.

It may sound strange at first, buying a razor which have been used by someone else for 30-40-50 years. But as long as you clean it properly, or even boil it, there are no health risk.
But to each their own.

A brush for making lather, and applying it to the face is half the job. So definitely don't drop out of one..

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #66 of 277
Quote:

i use Wahl Clippers when in a hurry.

only on weekends i use a Gillette razor.

i dont like the clean shave..

the 5'0 Clock look is in .... anyway like i said real men dont shave
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #68 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It may sound strange at first, buying a razor which have been used by someone else for 30-40-50 years. But as long as you clean it properly, or even boil it, there are no health risk.
But to each their own.

A brush for making lather, and applying it to the face is half the job. So definitely don't drop out of one..

I'm sure it's safe, it just seems weird. If I try this and like it I'll probably get an older one. Also I don't think using a brush on my legs would work too well. Too much surface area.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #69 of 277
i think it would be better to use a lather brush... it ll make it easier to create the foam.

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #70 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duggeh, that turned out pretty good. You got some nice shine going there.

Yeah it turned out okay, although it took me a very long time to get it right down to the bone. Survived with minimal razor burn too (just a little on the back of my head).

I gave my make up a trial run too just to make sure the colour wasn't all wrong.

Picture%208c.jpg

All in all though, I don't think that I like being skinhead. I miss being able to feel my fuzz. Back to number 3 or 4 again after its grown back I think.

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #71 of 277
^^ u look like Morpheus from Matrix

is that the look u r trying to achieve?

Oct 30, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #72 of 277
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ u look like Morpheus from Matrix

is that the look u r trying to achieve?

No, I was going for Donald Sutherland ¬ _¬

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #73 of 277
Quote:

Here's a review of that razor
Weishi DE Safety Razor Review - Badger & Blade
I've been studying a but since yesterday
wink.gif

Quote:

I'm sure it's safe, it just seems weird. If I try this and like it I'll probably get an older one. Also I don't think using a brush on my legs would work too well. Too much surface area.

Use a brush. From my reading so far, the lather is more important then the razor. Many folks on the shaving forums are saying to try the "old school" prep methods with a modern razor as a transition rather then change the razor first and continue to use "goo in a can". Apparently, the aerosols used in the cans of shaving gel/cream are not good for the skin, so it leads to funky formulas that are far form ideal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think it would be better to use a lather brush... it ll make it easier to create the foam.

What he said
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #74 of 277
Quote:

really? my mom keeps insisting I'll end up bleeding all over if I try one, although she also said I'd die if I stretched my ears to 8g

Yeah, parents tend to dislike the stretched ears thing. Strangely enough, my mid-80s old money Republican grandmother (RIP) really liked my 00's. That's my limit; I personally think they start to get a little creepy after this size... I can remove mine without my ears falling down to my shoulders
biggrin.gif

How long did it take you to stretch them? I went to a guy that was, at the time (early 90s), considered the best piercer on the West Coast, and he was able to get mine to 00g in two months with a total of three visits.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #75 of 277
Thanks for the review, from the sound of it this is a good place for me to start because everybody seems to think it's nearly impossible to hurt yourself with this razor. I guess I'll need to pick up a brush too. I am going to be confusing the crap out of my roommates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back