Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #1,096 of 1,957

I like TWag v3 with UM Pro 50 and W60 (it brings up more details) and TWcu v3 with ES60 (it does wonders to the low end).

which model is still better? W60 or umpro50?

If you go to my W60 review (HERE) and scroll down, you will find a comparison between W60 and UM Pro 50.  One is not better than the other.  If you want faster more aggressive sound with more bass impact - go for Pro 50, while if you want a more laidback lush detailed organic sound - that's where W60 come in.

Btw, I pinged Craig (Whiplash audio) to find out about his distributor in Moscow.  I remember in Whiplash thread there was someone who mentioned about an audio store in Moscow where he bought his TW cable.  Would have been a great idea for you to test it before buying it.  I will let you know if I hear back from him (Craig has been battling some health issues lately).

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,097 of 1,957
I will wait!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,098 of 1,957

... Did this come with an android G2 Cable ? or is it that made for ip. only ? thanks...

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #1,100 of 1,957
Is Westone ES60 better then other CIEM out there?
Is it worth the price?

There is only one person who can answer this question, and I don't even think he has ES60: http://www.head-fi.org/t/769843/fit-for-a-bat-flagship-iems-shootout-8-ct6e-7-h8p-6-jh13-5-k10-4-bd4-2-3-a12-2-w500-1-se5u

I have ES60 and absolutely love it.  The best CIEM/IEM in my collection, but it means nothing since it's relative to whatever I have tested so far, and I haven't even scratched a surface of CIEM/UIEM flagships, such as K10, A12, Jh Layla, etc.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,102 of 1,957
Can you post some photos please?
How big is ES60 compared to W60.

Sure, when I get home from work.  Mine ES60 is customized, so the faceplate is thicker...  Actually, I had it in the picture when I wrote PAW 5000 review (below with Whiplash TWag v3 cables, but later I switched to TWcu v3 and Pure Copper cable will be staying permanently!!!).

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,103 of 1,957

Hi Guarashiereuro,,

Here is the track I was hearing the thick vibration on, let me know what tones you experience with it.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wx2yu6

Thank you.

.... it would be also ideal to indicate the particular time i.e.   1:10  - 1:30 .....

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #1,105 of 1,957
Is Westone ES60 better then other CIEM out there?
Is it worth the price?

I can say the ES60 are better than my Livewires, custom SE530, ES3X, UE 11 Pro, JH13Pro, ES5, JH16Pro, and tied with my JHA Roxanne only when the Roxanne are amp'd with a low output impedance amp. Out of an iPhone 6 or HM901s the ES60 win every time. See review in my sig line.

They are worth the price, and may be the best bang for the buck. While the W60 are my favorite Westone universal fit IEM (having heard all but the W50 or UMpro50), the extra $300 gets you faster punchier 2x stronger bass, and a bit smoother treble, with much better comfort for >2 hour listening sessions.

There is only one person who can answer this question, and I don't even think he has ES60: http://www.head-fi.org/t/769843/fit-for-a-bat-flagship-iems-shootout-8-ct6e-7-h8p-6-jh13-5-k10-4-bd4-2-3-a12-2-w500-1-se5u

I have ES60 and absolutely love it.  The best CIEM/IEM in my collection, but it means nothing since it's relative to whatever I have tested so far, and I haven't even scratched a surface of CIEM/UIEM flagships, such as K10, A12, Jh Layla, etc.

The ES60 are my favorite too. I like the Layla universal fit more than my Roxanne customs or universal fit Angie. But I haven't compared ES60 to Layla universal fit because I didn't have time at RMAF this year (only got my ES60 the day before RMAF ended). I'd guess they're on a similar level, but it's a guess from having heard them on two different days.

I haven't heard a lot of the others out there either. My FreqShow and Alien Ears C3 were bad bad bad, gave them away. I've tried unique Melody and Aurisonics demos and liked them, and I'll be beta testing some from UM next week. This market has just blown up from before when all we had was the big three (UE, Westone, and JHA) and a few "also rans" that popped up in 2008, now there's so many that people don't know where to start.

I do know I haven't heard a bad custom from Westone or JHA but I only have the three different models above from each of them. My UE11Pro were fantastic from my Woo WA6 and sucked from an iPhone 3GS/4/4s, and to honest I haven't pulled them out to listen for years. Well amped I thought the UE11Pro sounded like a well modded Denon D7000, but poorly amped they were like a stock D5000. I probably should see how they do from the iPhone 6+ now (as well as re-trying my ES3X which sound like a well amp'd HD800).

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #1,107 of 1,957
I can easily and safely say that the W60s were my favorite and best purchase I have made in terms of IEMs/Headphones. I definitely enjoyed my UM PRO 50s and were the first time in a long while that I spend a good amount of money. But compare to my feelings for the W60s, it doesn't compare. I am impressed with the quality of sound I get out of these. I recently ordered Copper Litz from Ted Allen so I'll post some impression soon. However, I have the SPC and once owned the Silver Litz cables.
When I did my testing with the silver, before I sold it with the Pro 50s, I found the sound to be incredibly clear and detailed. Listening to classical, its brilliant. Smooth but detailed. Overall, I find it hard to believe that I could get any better than this. I mean like "significantly" better. I feel this might be going to be my resting spot for a couple years.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #1,108 of 1,957
I can easily and safely say that the W60s were my favorite and best purchase I have made in terms of IEMs/Headphones. I definitely enjoyed my UM PRO 50s and were the first time in a long while that I spend a good amount of money. But compare to my feelings for the W60s, it doesn't compare. I am impressed with the quality of sound I get out of these. I recently ordered Copper Litz from Ted Allen so I'll post some impression soon. However, I have the SPC and once owned the Silver Litz cables.

When I did my testing with the silver, before I sold it with the Pro 50s, I found the sound to be incredibly clear and detailed. Listening to classical, its brilliant. Smooth but detailed. Overall, I find it hard to believe that I could get any better than this. I mean like "significantly" better. I feel this might be going to be my resting spot for a couple years.

I haven't myself had another hi end earphone apart from westone 4r but I can safely say that the westone w60 is amazingly balanced device that lets every tone carry itself. I love the upgraded treble from the 4r...That misty tone the 4r produces has been polished significantly.

I don't think I will upgrade for a long time. I purchased a ted allen copper cable and it sounds lush with the w60.

Westone are sending me a parcel back through fedex and am unsure whether its a new w60 or been repaired.

I will be very happy to get this earphone back, very hard to go without it.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,109 of 1,957
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,110 of 1,957
I haven't myself had another hi end earphone apart from westone 4r but I can safely say that the westone w60 is amazingly balanced device that lets every tone carry itself. I love the upgraded treble from the 4r...That misty tone the 4r produces has been polished significantly.

I don't think I will upgrade for a long time. I purchased a ted allen copper cable and it sounds lush with the w60.

Westone are sending me a parcel back through fedex and am unsure whether its a new w60 or been repaired.

I will be very happy to get this earphone back, very hard to go without it.

Glad you like it as much as me. Again, this IEM is the reason why I sold my UM Pro 50s. I mentioned I had a problem with my plates cracking consistently for no reason. What was interesting is that my revision number for my first pair was Rev3. My new ones are Rev4. Looks like they changed the overall design of how the plates fit and styling of the logo when they moved to Rev3, then moved back to the original design in Rev4. I still can't figure out what caused my plates to crack as bad as they did, especially when they were always kept in a hard case and were not subject to any type of damage. As for my replacement, I have no problems at all and I can say that the plates are quite durable and not as bad as I originally thought.
I ordered a 24awg Litz Copper cable from Ted, which will add to my inventory and listening experience. I did at one time did own a few silver before I sold them or gave them to my family. Now I only have my SPC that I use with the W60s and boy do I really hate it. While it does sound better than the stock cable, it sounds pretty nasty compared to silver. Sure, they aren't bad cables but they don't fit the W60s at all.
Westone is sending yours back via Parcel? I thought they only send stuff via FedEx, as I have gotten my replacement via FedEx Home Delivery. The only thing I got that wasn't FedEx was extra replacement plates which was sent via parcel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back