Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #1,951 of 1,957
Did you ever get them? and what do you think of the W60s?
I did and actually sold them very quick,
to my memory, I did not remember any special to W60 , maybe a bit more resolution and soundstage, but nothing very special or memorable performance compare to my W4r
since I love my W4r so much, I sold the W60 already

Sep 7, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #1,952 of 1,957
I did and actually sold them very quick,
to my memory, I did not remember any special to W60 , maybe a bit more resolution and soundstage, but nothing very special or memorable performance compare to my W4r
since I love my W4r so much, I sold the W60 already
Dang, that's an unfortunate nothing-burger.
I got my Westone W80s in a couple weeks ago now and I adore them. Resolution, realism, "sonic pressure." Absolutely phenomenal. No one really talks about the W80s much though, so I haven't found a lot of good discussion on it.

Sep 12, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #1,953 of 1,957
Dang, that's an unfortunate nothing-burger.
I got my Westone W80s in a couple weeks ago now and I adore them. Resolution, realism, "sonic pressure." Absolutely phenomenal. No one really talks about the W80s much though, so I haven't found a lot of good discussion on it.
According to a lot of review online and some of my audiphilemate, w80 is one of the most non-westone tuned earphone in terms of resolution.
Price is one of the main reason of few people discussing it as only a few are willing to pay the money to upgrade their iem , given that iem under 300 to 400 is more then enough for daily usage.

Sep 12, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #1,954 of 1,957
Price is one of the main reason of few people discussing it as only a few are willing to pay the money to upgrade their iem , given that iem under 300 to 400 is more then enough for daily usage.
Full MSRP for W80 (or ANY westone iem for that matter) is absolutely ridiculous nowadays since modern iems for the fraction of the price can give you higher resolution.
That being said, for me W60 was an obvious upgrade over W4, and W80 was another, though a smaller, step towards higher end.

Sep 19, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #1,955 of 1,957
Full MSRP for W80 (or ANY westone iem for that matter) is absolutely ridiculous nowadays since modern iems for the fraction of the price can give you higher resolution.
That being said, for me W60 was an obvious upgrade over W4, and W80 was another, though a smaller, step towards higher end.
I know that audio quality can surprise, but when talking sheer fidelity, I'd be utterly dumbfounded if there were IEMs at a "fraction of the price" of $650 that could equal, let alone best, the W80s.
I have to wonder if you guys were getting a good seal. To me, the sound I get from these is about right for this price, based on how much I've spent for other earbuds and the sound I got from them. What are some examples of superior and cheaper (cheaper by at least $100) IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back