Westone ES5
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #4,981 of 5,554
The ES5 tips are the best! The first 30 seconds in your ear they feel like acrylic then after that they disappear. MAGICALS! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #4,982 of 5,554
1964 Ears offers a soft canal option for their IEMs. Not sure it's the same as vinyl though.

Quote:
People,i am really considering in buy a pair of ES5 until the end of this year,i did read a lot about this IEM and i think is the kind of sound signature i am looking for ,together Heir Audio 4.A (cheaper and neutral) and 8.A (great bass and still clear and detailed).
My main concern is that i am looking to a high grade comfort to long time listening and enjoyment,almost as important as sound quality,
so i ask to some more experienced fellow if the fact that Westone is the only one that made custom iem with this sort of vinyl material is a great factor that made you make your chose the ES5 because is the only one that seems to mould itself in the ear canal and so better than other custom and in a long term use make a great difference.
Or maybe i am biasing my self in thinking that there is so big difference against acrylic material.I ask this because even after read almost 200 pages of this thread i still in doubt and i have nowhere to audition some kind of custom IEM around here.Sorry if my English is not so clear and about my frenzy grammar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank to all
Antonio

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #4,983 of 5,554
My emerald green ES5s with carbon fiber + artwork overlay are here.  The flex tips are amazing and as they warm up they expand for a perfect fit.  Took 7 days because they had to retake an impression the next day (tiny void in it).  Very beautiful natural sound, plenty of bass, truly impressive.  

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #4,985 of 5,554
Quote:
My emerald green ES5s with carbon fiber + artwork overlay are here.  The flex tips are amazing and as they warm up they expand for a perfect fit.  Took 7 days because they had to retake an impression the next day (tiny void in it).  Very beautiful natural sound, plenty of bass, truly impressive.  

Those are very cool.

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #4,986 of 5,554
Quote:

Looks great!

I've placed an order for an ES5 a couple days back.. can't wait :)

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #4,988 of 5,554
lol that's really interesting. I have the same problem, my right ear always feel loose at the bottom part, which IMO make the lower frequency to be a bit lacking in the right ear sometimes. Do you feel the same?

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #4,992 of 5,554
Please don't pull the trigger on cables, especially silver, until you've adequately researched what they sound like with your specific IEMs. Don't listen to people telling you to get _____ just because they like it... Everyone has different preferences, and you may end up hating the sound, and with a hole in your wallet. You need to search up comparison threads, or ask members (with your specific IEM) who've listened to many different cables in order to provide you with a better, unbiased perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back