Westone ES5
Jul 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #4,951 of 5,554
Quote:
which Twag v2 cable did you ordered?

The Eclipse one? I've been on hiatus on Head-Fi for a few months now, and when I come back, the white Twag v2 cable seems to be gone, only the black one(Eclipse) is listed on the site.

and the Whipslash forum seems pretty dead.

"Whiplash Elite TWag v2 JHA, UE, Westone IEM OM replacement cable. The all NEW TWag v2 Eclipse!! "

This is what was printed  on the order acknowledgement email 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #4,952 of 5,554
Quote:
Nice choice. Twag v2 is a very good match. Typhoon No 8 (Tropical Cyclone warning signal) will be issued before 6 p.m. - stay at a safe place and enjoy the ES5. 

The agent told me not to go to interview place (Cyberport) when I arrived Central at 4pm. So I stayed at the bus stop of Admiralty, waiting for my bus for 2 hrs 
confused_face.gif
, while listening to my ES5+DX100. That place is quite safe tho 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #4,954 of 5,554
Quote:
The agent told me not to go to interview place (Cyberport) when I arrived Central at 4pm. So I stayed at the bus stop of Admiralty, waiting for my bus for 2 hrs 
confused_face.gif
, while listening to my ES5+DX100. That place is quite safe tho 
bigsmile_face.gif

Better just listen to the ES5 and stay indoors now. This is the latest warning issued by the Hong Kong Observatory. It may issue an even higher warning later tonight.

"The No. 8 Northeast Gale or Storm Signal is in force.

This means that winds with mean speeds of 63 kilometres per hour or more are expected from the northeast quarter.

At 10 p.m., Typhoon Vicente was centred about 130 kilometres south of Hong Kong (near 21.1 degrees north 114.0 degrees east) and is forecast to move northwest or west-northwest at about 20 kilometres per hour in the general direction of the region to the west of the Pearl River Estuary.

In the past few hours, Vicente slightly intensified and in general moved northwestward, edging closer to Hong Kong. Vicente is expected to skirt about 100 kilometres to the southwest of Hong Kong, in the general direction of the region to the west of the Pearl River Estuary. If local winds further strengthen, the Observatory may consider the necessity of issuing higher tropical cyclone signals. The public should be on alert and pay attention to the latest news on the tropical cyclone.

In the past hour, the maximum sustained winds recorded at Ngong Ping, Waglan Island and Tate's Cairn were 125, 112 and 106 kilometres per hour respectively.

(Precautionary Announcements with No. 8 Signal)

1. Complete all precautions in your home. Lock all windows and doors, fit bars into position and insert reinforced shutters and gates if they are available. Adhesive tape fixed to large window-panes in exposed positions will reduce damage by broken glass. Storm water drains should be cleared of leaves and rubbish.
2. Please listen to radio or watch TV for the latest weather information broadcast at the 15th, 30th, 45th and 58th minute of each hour. You can also browse the Hong Kong Observatory's web site for the information.
3. Flights at Hong Kong International Airport may be affected by the weather. Please contact your airline for the latest flight information before departing for the airport.
4. Do not stand near windows on the exposed side of your home. Move all furniture and valuables away from these areas. Make sure you have a safe place to shelter, should windows be broken.
5. Since seas are very rough, you are advised to stay away from the shoreline and not to engage in water sports.
6. Owners of neon signs are reminded that the electricity supply to all neon signs should be switched off now."

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #4,955 of 5,554
Quote:

Better just listen to the ES5 and stay indoors now. This is the latest warning issued by the Hong Kong Observatory. It may issue an even higher warning later tonight.

"The No. 8 Northeast Gale or Storm Signal is in force.

This means that winds with mean speeds of 63 kilometres per hour or more are expected from the northeast quarter.

At 10 p.m., Typhoon Vicente was centred about 130 kilometres south of Hong Kong (near 21.1 degrees north 114.0 degrees east) and is forecast to move northwest or west-northwest at about 20 kilometres per hour in the general direction of the region to the west of the Pearl River Estuary.

In the past few hours, Vicente slightly intensified and in general moved northwestward, edging closer to Hong Kong. Vicente is expected to skirt about 100 kilometres to the southwest of Hong Kong, in the general direction of the region to the west of the Pearl River Estuary. If local winds further strengthen, the Observatory may consider the necessity of issuing higher tropical cyclone signals. The public should be on alert and pay attention to the latest news on the tropical cyclone.

In the past hour, the maximum sustained winds recorded at Ngong Ping, Waglan Island and Tate's Cairn were 125, 112 and 106 kilometres per hour respectively.

(Precautionary Announcements with No. 8 Signal)

1. Complete all precautions in your home. Lock all windows and doors, fit bars into position and insert reinforced shutters and gates if they are available. Adhesive tape fixed to large window-panes in exposed positions will reduce damage by broken glass. Storm water drains should be cleared of leaves and rubbish.
2. Please listen to radio or watch TV for the latest weather information broadcast at the 15th, 30th, 45th and 58th minute of each hour. You can also browse the Hong Kong Observatory's web site for the information.
3. Flights at Hong Kong International Airport may be affected by the weather. Please contact your airline for the latest flight information before departing for the airport.
4. Do not stand near windows on the exposed side of your home. Move all furniture and valuables away from these areas. Make sure you have a safe place to shelter, should windows be broken.
5. Since seas are very rough, you are advised to stay away from the shoreline and not to engage in water sports.
6. Owners of neon signs are reminded that the electricity supply to all neon signs should be switched off now."

lol Thanks for reminders. I am listening to my ES5 at home now.
etysmile.gif

Some more supplements to my impressions on the ES5:
1. It seems a little bit heavier than W4R. Actually, when I first get hold of it in the morning, I slipped it from my hands and dropped it on the glass table in the shop. Think this scared the shop keeper 
bigsmile_face.gif

2. Not sure why, but the ES5 seems much easier to drive than the W4R. When I use W4R, I usually set the volume of my dx100 to 191 (EQ = close). But now, with ES5, I need to bring down the volume to 180.

Jul 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #4,956 of 5,554
Dude... Not to ruin your mood with the ES5, but take care... The wind here at harbourside is becoming increasingly scary... Typhoon no. 9 signal has been issued.

"Tropical Cyclone Bulletin

Here is the latest Tropical Cyclone Bulletin issued by the Hong Kong Observatory.

The Increasing Gale or Storm Signal, No. 9, is in force.

This means that winds are expected to increase significantly as Vicente moves closer to Hong Kong.

Typhoon Vicente has intensified into a severe typhoon.

At 11 p.m., Vicente was centred about 130 kilometres south-southwest of Hong Kong (near 21.2 degrees north 113.9 degrees east) and is forecast to move northwest or west-northwest at about 20 kilometres per hour in the general direction of the region to the west of the Pearl River Estuary."

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #4,957 of 5,554
anyone seen the titanium or carbon fibre faceplate in person?

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #4,961 of 5,554
ES5's ordered.  I went with emerald green housing, flex canal, black carbon fiber outer with (hopefully, if they can do it - has anyone done this? too lazy to read entire thread) my partial logo overlaid on it - just the helix of colored dots, no text, I want to keep it simple and classy.  I ordered uberexpress, hopefully it'll be here in a week in time for my trip, considering that I paid up for it...

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #4,962 of 5,554
Uberexpress like next day shipping and 1/2day order finish? Let's hope your impressions are godly, and the two technicians making each of your earpieces are experienced enough to have both sides identical. Assuming you've sent in your impressions with some crazy shipping method, you should have your stuff within 1 week for sure. It took around 4 days for my impressions to get there from Canada. My order was a half-rush and so I received my pair within 2 weeks from my sending my impressions, not their receiving.
Quote:
ES5's ordered.  I went with emerald green housing, flex canal, black carbon fiber outer with (hopefully, if they can do it - has anyone done this? too lazy to read entire thread) my partial logo overlaid on it - just the helix of colored dots, no text, I want to keep it simple and classy.  I ordered uberexpress, hopefully it'll be here in a week in time for my trip, considering that I paid up for it...

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #4,963 of 5,554

You should be fine, considering mine only took 8 days and I ordered from Hong Kong!

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #4,964 of 5,554
Hey I am not sure if you guys notice this but do you notice that when listening to music in the es5s, especially rock, just a fraction of a second before the drum is hit, you can hear the swinging of the stick? Faintly, sometimes feel it too?

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #4,965 of 5,554
Quote:
Hey I am not sure if you guys notice this but do you notice that when listening to music in the es5s, especially rock, just a fraction of a second before the drum is hit, you can hear the swinging of the stick? Faintly, sometimes feel it too?

lol can you hear the heartbeat of the singer too? j/k 
tongue_smile.gif

I think that depends on the recording. I personally haven't notice this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back