Westone ES5
Apr 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,547 of 5,554
I went to my Audiologist for a fitting issue.  He told me to wear my earphones at least a few hours before I come in for my appointment because he wants to look in my ear to see if there are any sore spots.  He noticed that there are a spot on the top of my ear canal.  The Audiologist went to his lab and buff out the tip of my ES5's and to make sure that they fit well.  

He also heard the clicking noise in the right monitor and sent both back to Westone for repairs.  They will test them and make sure that they are working right.

I miss my ES5.  

They should get it right this time <crossing toes>. 

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #1,548 of 5,554

Quote:
Lol. Since I like Merlot and not Smoke, that should give you an idea of who I am!

It does.

bele_and_lokai_star_trek.jpg

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #1,549 of 5,554
It's just vanity. I walk up to the mirror wearing my Smoke ES5s and they look so understated and cool. :)

They do not draw stares. That is the Smoke advantage. Or disadvantage: if you want to be noticed, choose a different colour.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #1,550 of 5,554
I have a pair of customs in Jolly Rancher green candy color, and another pair with a hot rod flame job, so these Merlot are actually more understated.  I don't have pics of these in my ears yet, sorry.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #1,551 of 5,554

Quote:
I have a pair of customs in Jolly Rancher green candy color, and another pair with a hot rod flame job

Ah....but not the ES5.  
wink.gif
  If you don't respect a girl you don't mind if she dresses like a whore.  
eek.gif
etysmile.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #1,553 of 5,554
Well theres the faster, easier and expensive way or theres the cheap way.  If you want to pay double but have less hassle buy locally, if you want a decent price try earplugstore in the US as they ship overseas and charge $950 postage included, but be prepare to wait another couple of weeks.  But for me its definitely worth the extra waiting time for the money saved.  An extra hint is to use paypal as credit card address verification was a problem with my purchase, and to get impressions done straight away as mine took 2 weeks clearing US customs.

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #1,554 of 5,554

Quote:
Well theres the faster, easier and expensive way or theres the cheap way.  If you want to pay double but have less hassle buy locally, if you want a decent price try earplugstore in the US as they ship overseas and charge $950 postage included, but be prepare to wait another couple of weeks.  But for me its definitely worth the extra waiting time for the money saved.  An extra hint is to use paypal as credit card address verification was a problem with my purchase, and to get impressions done straight away as mine took 2 weeks clearing US customs.

Where did you get your impressions done in Sydney?

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #1,555 of 5,554
Connect Hearing in Gordon - by Lauren McKnee I think.  She did an excellent set of impressions at $35 cost.  I tried non connect hearing places but they were too stingy to just do impressions.  Thats the north shore for you.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #1,556 of 5,554
Hi everyone,I went to variphone benelux to get my impressions taken and the order process started.I must say taking the impressions was more scary then I thought it would be, although the cotton dam hting which they have to put very deeply in the ear, i didnt really mind the silicone, one side hurt though when they had to get it out, i guess I am just sensitive and didnt know it hwen i used universals (which i have done for years now). I just choose the standard color and no artwork, they will ingfrave my initials though (which was fine by me since it does not cost extra). The disappointing thing though is that they quoted me 4 weeks wait time!!!!! Apparently they are rather busy. The nice thing is that I can collect them at variphone and immediately try them, only then do I have to pay, and not in cash, i can take the iems with me and then send them the money. I hadnt expected that. I really really hope they will fit right the first time. They told me that by default theymake the iems as tiny as possible and as deeply inserting as possible so hopefully I can wear these when lying on my side. I did not try the universal es5 demos when there. Now the waiting starts..... Greetings, Anouk,

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #1,559 of 5,554
Hey Anouk, welcome to the club! I also got my ES3X 1 year ago from variphone, Stefan really help me a lot with it. Fortunately I live in Eindhoven and the audiologist came to my office to take my ear impression. Awesome customer service and price is not dead set :wink:. Btw, I got lucky with only 1 week wait.

Quote:
Hey everyone! I am SO excited, sorry but I just cant contain myself. I am going to variphone benelux tomorrow (they are about 50 km from my home) I dont have my own transportation and its in belgium andI am in nl and there are no direct train connections but I did find someone who is willing to drive me. This will be my first custom and tbh at this time its actually a bit on the too expensive side but now that I have decided what custom I actually want (after at least 5 years of thinking about customs and at least 6months of serious thinking) I want to go fot it and actually experience it. I havent heard any demos and tbh even if they have demos at variphone I dont think I want to hear them at this point. But oh oh oh the pricetag... I am quite curious if these will make me as satisfied as I am with my speaker rig (yara ii classic speakers by audio physic 3-way 3 driver) no headphone so far has been able to take me away from listening to them entirely. I dont know yet what variphone wants in regards payment, if I have to do it when I am there to have my impressions taken but we will see. The thing is, in the Netherlands you cant just go to an audiologist you have to go to an hearing aid store,I have consulted and been to a few and none of them even know what iems are so I am thrilled that I can have impressions taken at variphone. Sorry for this long rambling post butI am just really excited, especially now that I wont have to endure the major angst of added taxes and long shipments over the globe, I WAS deadset on a jh16 for quite a while. For other europeans out there I will keep you informed on how it goes with variphone. Greetings,Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back