Westone ES5
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #1,321 of 5,554
Cool man. I assume that you work/study in my country but is a foreigner here?

I dealt with thinking group too. They are ok. I received my es5 today (after waiting for a month) but the fit was bad so I redone a ear impression (the distributor is separated from audiologist here) and sent them back again.

I think that Westone customer service ok. No first class service here for you but they are still good.

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #1,322 of 5,554
i've been follow this thread since the 1st page. i though westone have better and faster service than JH audio. but to my experience.......NO. YES, i have to tell my dealer and thinking group to check on my set( which is not good). i finished my payment on Feb,8. and told them this is something for my birthday gift. westone said OK. on Mar, 9 i ask about my set. westone said they're gonna send my set before Mar,17(Mar, 8 is there 1st dead line). Mar, 22 is the 2nd dead line( the set is suppose to be on my hand before Mar, 22). but they sent my set becuse of my reminding on Mar, 22(with strong words to there custumer service). which is the 2nd lie they've said to me. believe it or not. i got all the prove in my e-mail. like you said, they did a dang good jobfor the last 60 years, BUT MINE. and this is my 1st custum experience with westone

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #1,323 of 5,554

Quote:
Cool man. I assume that you work/study in my country but is a foreigner here?

I dealt with thinking group too. They are ok. I received my es5 today (after waiting for a month) but the fit was bad so I redone a ear impression (the distributor is separated from audiologist here) and sent them back again.

I think that Westone customer service ok. No first class service here for you but they are still good.

Does Thinking Group have a different service place for people from lesser nations or is it the same for everyone?

If it's the same, then why would angry guy's nationality matter when he's going to the same Westone dealer that everyone from Singapore goes to?

6-8 weeks seems like par for the course in terms of wait time with overseas shipping.

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #1,324 of 5,554

Quote:
i've been follow this thread since the 1st page. i though westone have better and faster service than JH audio. but to my experience.......NO. YES, i have to tell my dealer and thinking group to check on my set( which is not good). i finished my payment on Feb,8. and told them this is something for my birthday gift. westone said OK. on Mar, 9 i ask about my set. westone said they're gonna send my set before Mar,17(Mar, 8 is there 1st dead line). Mar, 22 is the 2nd dead line( the set is suppose to be on my hand before Mar, 22). but they sent my set becuse of my reminding on Mar, 22(with strong words to there custumer service). which is the 2nd lie they've said to me. believe it or not. i got all the prove in my e-mail. like you said, they did a dang good jobfor the last 60 years, BUT MINE. and this is my 1st custum experience with westone

What country are you from, sirrah?

The main problem was the wait time, is that correct?

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #1,325 of 5,554

Well, personally I think you are a bit worked up over a relatively minor issue.  Some of us have waited 3-6 months for a DAP or amp.  Others have been waiting for more than 9 months for a product that doesn't even exist yet (from a company you seem to endorse btw).  Some had been waiting years on an amp that will never show at their doorstep.  I guess I have a higher pain threshold.  I might be a bit annoyed in your case, but RAGE and ANGRRR are a bit strong for me.     

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #1,326 of 5,554
let’s say it in this way. westone promised me the set will be in my hand before Mar, 9. but it didn’t.

then they promised me the set should be sent before Mar, 17. but it didn’t.

i have to wait 3-4 days for an e-mail with gentelwords.(on Mar,9)

i get an e-mail in 12hr with strong words.

they promised me the set will be sent before Mar, 17. but it’s sent at Mar, 22. if you can’t make it. then don’t make any promise to custumer. i’m a doctor. not a sells. promise is something you will make. not something to comfort someone in a short time

by the way. i’m from Taiwan. 

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #1,327 of 5,554
thinking group and dealer try to do a good job cooling me down.

but they all told me. all they can do is waiting for westone’s answer.

so i started to ask westone service.guess what? i gotmessage faster than comercial agent in my contry.

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #1,328 of 5,554
Wow, if 6-8 weeks is the norm for international orders, then the 2 1/2 weeks I waited for my ES5 seems lightning fast. I don't see how it should take an extra 4-6 weeks just to ship internationally.

Still, I'm not clear on the details of your complaint. You say you made payment on Feb. 8, but when did they receive your impressions?  Obviously, the production estimate depends on when they receive your impressions.

If it's true that they were giving you exact shipment dates and then not living up to them, then that's frustrating, but I imagine they were just giving you a good faith estimate. Companies get busy, and delays are very normal for custom products like this. Just look at how long people waited for JH16 and are now waiting for JH3A.

The best way to avoid this situation is to make sure your dealer is communicating by phone (not email) with Westone and getting updates about delays and the anticipated ship date. I've had nothing but positive experiences with Westone's customer service, so this seems like an aberration.

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #1,329 of 5,554
sorry i might have accidently press something that chaged my english writing. and i dont know how to change it back.
mad.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #1,330 of 5,554
Quote:
Does Thinking Group have a different service place for people from lesser nations or is it the same for everyone?

I don't think they practice discrimination of any sort to nationality in my knowledge.

Thinking group (effectively run by 1 person) only communicate with Westone via emails and not phone. They are the sole distributor here with main office based in Hong Kong so that itself is a limitation. Not sure why Westone doesn't get an audiologist to tie up with them instead. Would make life easier for us though =)

I guess that it really depends on their (westones) volume of work though. The fastest case I have heard in my country is 2 weeks. His might be the slowest.

bad westone are you from china?

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #1,331 of 5,554
they missed the date they’ve PROMISED TWICE. that’s how i look. i got my JH13 in 3 weeks. and with my dealer. they say usually 1 month is the top. and they’re the only dealer in my contry. they made houdreds of orders now.

maybe you waited your amp or earphone for a long time. but i believe they didn’t give you exact time. and missed TWICE. what will you think when they answer your art work in few hours, but not answer to thinking group and the dealer in 3 days?

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #1,332 of 5,554
grammers and typings got nothing to do with loving earphones and music

grammers and typing got nothing to do with breaking there promise.

you are luck you dont have to learn chinese. and i’m not lucky that i have to learn english.

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #1,333 of 5,554
It's not my fault that English isn't your primary language; nobody's perfect. I may not be fluent in Chinese, but I'm not trying to insult a company on an Chinese message board, am I? 

Sorry to insult you, but the simple fact that your username is "Bad Westone" significantly diminishes your credibility.

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #1,334 of 5,554

Quote:

maybe you waited your amp or earphone for a long time. but i believe they didn’t give you exact time. and missed TWICE. 

You believe wrong.  I even got shipping confirmation number from HK Post and know for a fact they were never even sent out.  Not till a month or two later at least.  People get shipped notices and receive packages w/ newspaper stuffing dated 2-3 weeks later than the ship date.  Whatever, nobody died.  It's just an earphone.  I believe Westone is pretty accommodating compared to JHA's rigid 'Just say No' policy.  You're talking about a language barriers and 2-3 intermediaries including the audiologist, dealer and postal service half way around the world going both ways.  There's a lot in that chain of events.  'Lying' is a word best reserved for other threads around here rather than this one IMO.   

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #1,335 of 5,554
my username reflects that they break there promise twice. and that is the truth in bottum of my heart. what wrong with that? 

thanks for your apology. i apologizise to you too(not for westone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back