Westone ES5
Feb 24, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #1,098 of 5,554
If your ES5 has more treble energy than your JH13 then that certainly puts me at ease with the ES5 full custom. The artprint on those pictures look extremely well - the edges are cut beautifully and there's no jaggedness to the details. I've just gone over JHA's FB album and to be quite frank most prints look terrible. Fiber-optics seem to be the way to go with JHs, but I've already commissioned an artist for digital artwork prints and I don't want them to end up looking shoddy.

@ Anaxilus: ES5 have bass aplenty, it just seems applied slightly higher than that of the JH16 and it makes for a more snappy sound. Really low bass makes it boom so it's not always preferable, but I felt the JH16 provided loads of rumble with control, but in no way would I suggest that the ES5 are light on bass.

Quote:
The demo ES5 might have been recessed for you, but my ES5 full customs have a little more treble energy than the demos or my JH13Pro. And more treble energy than my Westone 4. It's a very smooth and refined grain-free treble like the HE-6 full size phones, so nothing to worry about. (W4 treble is also very refined and grain free, and while extended and not rolled off the treble is not as noticeable as the ES5).

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #1,099 of 5,554
Quote:
If your ES5 has more treble energy than your JH13 then that certainly puts me at ease with the ES5 full custom. The artprint on those pictures look extremely well - the edges are cut beautifully and there's no jaggedness to the details. I've just gone over JHA's FB album and to be quite frank most prints look terrible. Fiber-optics seem to be the way to go with JHs, but I've already commissioned an artist for digital artwork prints and I don't want them to end up looking shoddy.

b0ck, excuse my ignorance here but i'm not sure what you mean by fiber optics wrt art. could you elucidate please? thanks.

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #1,100 of 5,554
Latest use of the ES5 - headphone out from Nintendo 3DS 
beyersmile.png

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #1,101 of 5,554
Hi guys, used to have Westone 3 wich i really enjoyed.But now i want to go costum and will order ES5 soon.
Anybody with a Clip+ Rockbox can tell me how is the sound quality?
I live in London, and i will purchase from variophone, anybody got theirs from there?Can you tell me what's they prices, and how long does it take to make it?They are the Westone dealers for Europe.
I am thinking of costum art too.....Candy blue with a golden fish or shark....what about that?
Well at the moment i keep saving for those..
Just realised that even W1 with Clip+ Rockbox soung great.I wish i could hear some ES5 in South London before i order those....Anybody with those in my area?Much apreciated.
Thanks, Levi

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #1,103 of 5,554
Quote:
b0ck3n said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

The ES5 might require more "brain burn" to fully adjust to their signature, which is quite different than what I'm used to with the cold and dry 555s and RE-ZEROs, but in the end I might enjoy them more.

But ES5 blows RE-ZERO out of the water in sound quality right?

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #1,106 of 5,554

Quote:
Can you please email me some pics of your Candy Blue?If possible from diffrent angles.That's what i want to get but can't find high quality photos.
My email is: lichilevi@yahoo.com
Many thanks.Levi

The top 3 photos are the ES3Xs in Candy Blue (not mine), the next 3 (mine) are my ES3X in Ice Blue. Mine were originally CB then after my second refit I changed for IB

Feb 24, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #1,107 of 5,554
That Ice blue looks great.  I was worried it would be as dark as the website but clearly your pic is closer to what I was wanting so I'm happy about that.  Getting Ice Blue on the left and Smoke on the right.

Feb 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #1,108 of 5,554
I submitted my order form to Westone via a local reseller as clear for both sides and hopes to change the color to candy blue. Am awaiting their reply now.

Anyone knows if Westone entertain such request? The earmold has not reached them yet though.

The standard color on the Westone website do differ from reality by quite an amount. Candy blue was overly dark there. Clear housing is pretty on UE and JH but I am not sure why the Clear housing of Westone custom looks a little dull. Hope that it is not too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back