Westone ES5
Oct 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #376 of 5,554

Quote:
They are Candy Blue I asked Westone which of the color blues they had would best match the artwork and they were right the candy blue matches nicely.  Serial No. is ES50124.

Hey!!!
Mine's ES50123!!!

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #378 of 5,554
Oct 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #380 of 5,554

Quote:
I tell you they did a fantastic job they got my impressions on Monday and shipped them out on Friday Westone does some quick quality work.

That I have to agree. Mine was flawless. No scratches nor bubbles forming inside what so ever. Quality stuff.

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #381 of 5,554
Congrats on getting your ES5s!
smily_headphones1.gif
They're beautiful!

You guys are making me real jealous .... can't wait for mine to arrive!!!

Oct 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #384 of 5,554
CopperPwc, HPA, Joe-siow and Others thanks for the response. I am taking the next step today. Going to an audiologist today to get the impressions done.

wildcard30: Nice artwork.. Real simple but nice. What is it ? Also did you pay additional $75 for that or you negotiated the price
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #386 of 5,554

Quote:
Nice impressions HPA, are you able to make any brief comparisons of the highs between the ES5 and the W3? Are they similar sounding or is one more extended and sparkly than the other? Thanks

That's more difficult to describe because the W3 highs are more different depending on what tips you use.  The W3 highs are best with my UM56 custom tips and closest to the UM3X, slightly less and more rounded off sounding with Complys tips but not too dark (although less than ES5), slightly boosted and too much treble with single flange silicone tips and a shallow insertion (more the ES5), and darker with single flange if pushed as deeply into the ears as they can go (much less than ES5).  

And this will change with different ears.  I can't get them just right to my liking with the single flange tips like I can with the UM56 custom tips; and usually I'll just go for the long medium complys if I left the custom tips at home.  With UM3X I prefer the single flange silicone tips and a medium depth insertion.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #387 of 5,554
Step 2 completed : Got the impressions taken at an audiologist and placed an order for ES5 had them send it over to Westone tonight . Now to wait patiently to get them ..

Thanks for all the help from Early adopters and current owners for answering my questions. Cooperpwc : I got the same translucent smoke color as yours. It looked so good .. Thanks for posting the pics. It was a toss up between that and Candy blue that Wildcard30 ordered. Both look sweet .. I held off on art work .. I am not creative at all
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #390 of 5,554
Cheers, that gives a good view of what the highs may sound like: an airy sound that is somewhat sparkly and well extended

Coincidentally your views of the W3 and tip changes completely mirror mine, based on those comments and what I've read elsewhere I'm considering getting the UM56 for my W3s. Would you recommend this?

Sorry to take the thread slightly off topic, I'll let it get back on
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
That's more difficult to describe because the W3 highs are more different depending on what tips you use.  The W3 highs are best with my UM56 custom tips and closest to the UM3X, slightly less and more rounded off sounding with Complys tips but not too dark (although less than ES5), slightly boosted and too much treble with single flange silicone tips and a shallow insertion (more the ES5), and darker with single flange if pushed as deeply into the ears as they can go (much less than ES5).  

And this will change with different ears.  I can't get them just right to my liking with the single flange tips like I can with the UM56 custom tips; and usually I'll just go for the long medium complys if I left the custom tips at home.  With UM3X I prefer the single flange silicone tips and a medium depth insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back