Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Oct 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #3,437 of 5,568
Quote:
Very annoying and aggravating!  How on earth can Westone customer service have NO CLUE about any new style tips as they told me just a few days ago when I called them????????

So let me get this straight.....they are unaware of the accesories they ship with their product?  Insane.....

If anybody has any idea where to get these new style silicone tips please advise because Westone has no clue they are even supplying them.

Very weird and annoying. And yet not surprising. I want to order... but then who knows if my pair will have the golden ticket. Well, wide bore tips. 

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #3,438 of 5,568
i guess having detachable cables is worth the wait for 1-2 more weeks. are 4rs worth more than w4s? i have w4 that is converted to 4rs and modded cable. i'm going to sell super cheap at the end of nov

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #3,439 of 5,568
With 2 year warranty I will always prefer the NON-RC regular cables.  They are so much more comfy and easy to put away and travel with.

If it were only 1 year warranty I would probably go with RC version.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #3,440 of 5,568
Quote:
With 2 year warranty I will always prefer the NON-RC regular cables.  They are so much more comfy and easy to put away and travel with.

If it were only 1 year warranty I would probably go with RC version.

Have you tried the W4R? Such a well designed replaceable cable. Very comfortable and nothing like the SE535.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #3,441 of 5,568
I've had UM3X RC which I have to think fits same.  It's not terrible or anything...I just prefer the ease of the longer strain relief straight to the cable going over the ear.

Yes, SE535 is God-awful. Have no idea what Shure was thinking.  I don"t consider myself picky or a problem fit but that thing hurt after 15-20 min.

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #3,443 of 5,568
Quote:
i guess having detachable cables is worth the wait for 1-2 more weeks. are 4rs worth more than w4s? i have w4 that is converted to 4rs and modded cable. i'm going to sell super cheap at the end of nov

Why do you manage to convert the W4 into W4 with RC ?
does the sound quality makes any difference with the RC ?

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #3,444 of 5,568
i got it used.. maybe previous owner wanted modded cable. no microphonics with the cable but i don't even know how the previous cable sounds. plus you can switch out  for custom cables for all those perks you get with the custom cables.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3,445 of 5,568
Quote:
i got it used.. maybe previous owner wanted modded cable. no microphonics with the cable but i don't even know how the previous cable sounds. plus you can switch out  for custom cables for all those perks you get with the custom cables.

Ah cool, so that was the reason. so it is just the cable that got changed not the IEM housing / casing ?

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #3,448 of 5,568
well whatever you do, make sure you get your Westone registered to get 2 year warranty. I do not think I registered mine, I misread the registered part to get to extend another year to 2 years.
Might have to look for another company. Monster's warranty service seen like a great idea,  at the moment, you just have to buy from an authorized dealer

I sure will miss my W4, my best IEM and the phone or IEM that has been with me the longest.
Might look into BTG audio to re-cabled it for me

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #3,449 of 5,568
Quote:
well whatever you do, make sure you get your Westone registered to get 2 year warranty. I do not think I registered mine, I misread the registered part to get to extend another year to 2 years.
Might have to look for another company. Monster's warranty service seen like a great idea,  at the moment, you just have to buy from an authorized dealer

I sure will miss my W4, my best IEM and the phone or IEM that has been with me the longest.
Might look into BTG audio to re-cabled it for me

And you only get the extra year if you buy from an authorized dealer. But do check your credit card, too. Sometimes they offer an extension year; it can make a two year warranty into three! 

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3,450 of 5,568
I got it 5/18/11 from earphonesolutions- authorized dealer., just checked , paid with Paypal which I link to a a bank account, no credit card
I try to get stuff from authorized dealer esp when I am payment a few $
oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back