Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Oct 30, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #3,454 of 5,568
Plug! If you like the W4, the ACS silicone sleeves are really worth it.
They really bring out the sound and help round out the bass as well.
For most sources/ease of use I actually prefer the W4 with ACS sleeves over my JH16...

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3,455 of 5,568
Hey guys, just poppin' in to say my W4 is up for grabs. Stellar stuff, sad to see them go. Saving up for a big rig, and these are the hardest to let go of. 
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #3,459 of 5,568
If anyone needs a reason to make a purchase maybe this will help... earphonesolutions

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #3,461 of 5,568
There is no difference except from the cable and the connector, I have owned both. However, having TWag v2 cables on the w4r makes a huge difference even straight out of an iPod. Highly recommended.

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3,463 of 5,568
To my ears it made the upgrade worth every penny, like lifting off a vail, much more space and detail. I know people will never agree on this subject, but my experience on this has really turned me into a beliver of silver. So on your last question a no without any hesitation from me. Please do not belive my words, check it out yourself! 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #3,464 of 5,568
There is no difference except from the cable and the connector, I have owned both. However, having TWag v2 cables on the w4r makes a huge difference even straight out of an iPod. Highly recommended.

I personally don't have aything against people who are "believers" in nicer cables. I recabled a pair of my headphones myself just for fun and I felt I noticed a difference for the better.

I just don't like to see people saying it makes a "huge difference" because it does not. Lots of things can make a huge difference. Different source, different file, different amp, even changing pads on a set of cans make remarkable changes... but changing the cable is not "huge" or else it would be scientifically shown and measured and the discussion would have been long over.

But if it improves it to you, I believe it and honestly I really want to hear it for myself one of these days. However there are a lot of upgrades one could and should try that will affect the sound a lot more than switching the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back