Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
May 19, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #1,817 of 5,568
My Westone 4s have just broken :frowning2: I've only had them for a few days and the left earphone seems to have a problem...it hasn't quite stopped working but it's a lot quieter than the right one. Any ideas? 

bring it to a westone service center. i had the same thing on my Shures, they sent me a complete replacement set under warranty.

May 19, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #1,819 of 5,568

Quote:
My Westone 4s have just broken :frowning2: I've only had them for a few days and the left earphone seems to have a problem...it hasn't quite stopped working but it's a lot quieter than the right one. Any ideas? 

did you get moisture into the earphones? I suggest sticking the phones into a bag of uncooked rice for a couple hours in order to suck out any moisture that might be in their

May 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #1,820 of 5,568
what's up with guys stiking electronics into bowls of rice to get it dry, second time i read this in 1 day. 
blink.gif

May 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #1,821 of 5,568

Quote:
what's up with guys stiking electronics into bowls of rice to get it dry, second time i read this in 1 day. 
blink.gif

progman, rice absorbs moisture very readily, you could just let it air dry but rice quickens the process

May 19, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #1,823 of 5,568

progman, rice absorbs moisture very readily, you could just let it air dry but rice quickens the process

LoL...it saved my Logitech remote this morning after my 3 year old son decided to dunk it in the kitchen sink. After the day in tupperware of uncooked rice, my universal remote is back in business. :D

May 20, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #1,824 of 5,568

Quote:
Quote:

LoL...it saved my Logitech remote this morning after my 3 year old son decided to dunk it in the kitchen sink. After the day in tupperware of uncooked rice, my universal remote is back in business.
biggrin.gif

I know most electronics these days respond well to rice.  However, I find Senns and Beyers prefer potatoes whereas Grados seem to prefer dried pasta w/ gnocchi as a distant second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back