Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Apr 23, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #5,567 of 5,568
Thank you @twister6 and @MuZo2!

Variphone actually offered me a discount on the W40, but they're unfortunately still out of my budget for the moment. I honestly didn't know that 5 years was considered to be long! It does explain a lot though.. Something to reconsider the next time I spend some $$$ on another pair of IEMs. If there's any news from Westone themselves that's worth sharing, I'll post it here.

Thanks again!

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #5,568 of 5,568
Thank you @twister6
and @MuZo2
!

Variphone actually offered me a discount on the W40, but they're unfortunately still out of my budget for the moment. I honestly didn't know that 5 years was considered to be long! It does explain a lot though.. Something to reconsider the next time I spend some $$$ on another pair of IEMs. If there's any news from Westone themselves that's worth sharing, I'll post it here.

Thanks again!

Another thing, as i mentioned, many people think that BA drivers are indestructible, unlike dynamic drivers which can be blown. BA drivers could easily get damaged due to a mechanical shock, if you drop the iem. Tyll of InnerFidelity had a great article about it a few years ago. The symptom you described with volume drop is exactly what would happens due to shock of the driver (though, if course I'm not suggesting you dropped it or anything like that). That why i mentioned that 5 years is a great run for them :wink:

Today, majority of multi BA flagships are in $1k-$3k price range, and many people buy and sell/upgrade them within a year. Or maybe collect different totl flagships. Btw, if you are a fan of Westone shell design and like their signature sound, maybe you can look into um pro 30 or w30? They are cheaper and sounds great too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back