Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #4,697 of 5,568
So has there been any information regarding what will replace them?  Might have to snag a second pair or something....

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #4,705 of 5,568
I'd have thought the W40 would've been something in the range
of the new Shure IEM. Don't suppose it'll be long till Westone release a new flagship though.

The SE846? I doubt it. I think if that were the case, they would still be producing the W4R. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce another flagship within the next year though.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #4,707 of 5,568
Yeah well the design is different, the cable looks to be different along with the mmx conntor imo thats a whole nother iem not just a name change.

I really dont know why mfg like to go with the mmx connector its a pain in the ass and requires maintenance in order to prevent shorts or loose connection.

Not to mention anyone who has a w4r.upgrade cable cant but the w40 and use it so now you have to get a whole new upgrade cable or have it repinned for the mmx connector.

The ability to change the housing color ect is cheesy imo would expecf more from westone.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #4,708 of 5,568
I just seen the w40 and the others in that line up.. All I got to say is.. Ewww! What are they thinking.. For one like someone has mentioned the connection looks just like the shure connection and they have had nothing but problems with it.. And what was wrong with the epic cable.. And the housing.. Come on I think the w4r is a lot better looking and the cable Imo is one of the best cables around... I won't buy one that's for sure.. I really wish they would have came out with a hybrid design.. Just my opinion of course.. But would have been nice..I'm a big westonefan bbut they left me behind with this design.. :frowning2: :frowning2:

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #4,709 of 5,568
The SE846? I doubt it. I think if that were the case, they would still be producing the W4R. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce another flagship within the next year though.

I would be surprised if Westone did produce another flagship to compete with the Shure SE846. Westone already has a well regarded CIEM the ES5 at that price. If Westone did produce a new UIEM at that price they would be in essence competing with themselves as well as Shure, AKG and Sennheiser.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #4,710 of 5,568
There is certainly room for improvement.

I want a W4 with a fuller sound....more bottom end.    I want a W3 with a bit more midrange and clean up the midbass.

These products don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back