Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jun 29, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #1,126 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try $1150! They'll be giving away free artwork (on the buds) with the first batch. 4 drivers, 3 way crossover.

Wow, $1,150. I'd love to pocket the mark up they get with those.

I could have swarn a couple of people said the price was going to stay the same: $1K.

All the more reason to stear clear of the UE11s. I don't care what they sound like $1K for an IEM puleeeezzzz.

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #1,127 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, $1,150. I'd love to pocket the mark up they get with those.

I could have swarn a couple of people said the price was going to stay the same: $1K.

All the more reason to stear clear of the UE11s. I don't care what they sound like $1K for an IEM puleeeezzzz.

from what I've read, they're UE 10's on steroids. They call them UE 10's for audiophile bass-heads. Me, when I go for custom IEM's, I'll go with the 10's and be done with it.

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #1,128 of 2,524
Quote:

from what I've read, they're UE 10's on steroids. They call them UE 10's for audiophile bass-heads. Me, when I go for custom IEM's, I'll go with the 10's and be done with it.

hmmmm... I might like them then but not for $1k

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #1,129 of 2,524
How about just a little plain speak. A little honesty. Something like "During our extensive pretesting, we found a design issue that we believe affects the overall quality expectations of our product. In order to correct this and ensure a product that exceeds expectations, we have chosen to delay the release of the product to fully optimize it's features and pass our rigourous testing".

Maybe it WAS packaging...who knows? But this is certainly a classic example of a company with an awful lot of potential building an awful lot of negative feeling, just because of a very poor marketing approach and customer relations problem solving. I feel a bit sorry for Powderhound, he has been put in a difficult position, no doubt.

But speaking to the "higher ups" (who probably don't even read this):

I am getting pretty sick of companies using the tactic used here...Verizon has been pulling the same crap on a phone I have been waiting for, and before that it was Motorola who kept delaying a phone, to then in the end, still release a piece of junk with lots of bugs.

A little honesty..."We're having a problem, but we're fixing it and will not release until we're done. We're truly sorry for the delays, we certainly want to get the product out every bit as much as you are excited to own it. We appreciate your patience and promise to do our utmost..." WOULD CERTAINLY GO ALONG WAY!

...And if it is "packaging", ...well, in all honesty a bit of an explanation (the truth would be best) would make for the best long term plan.

If Westone is taking the time to fix a problem they found...whatever it may be, I think we can all respect that. Westone, it sounds like you make a great product, but your marketing approach to dealing with these issues STINKS!

PS, please pass this on to Verizon.

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #1,131 of 2,524
All,

If Westone had never started this forum, never gave advance notice, and just came out with the 3's in September, my guess is all of you complaining now would be happy as pigs in crap! Relax guys. If it's a good product it's worth the wait. Don't critisize Westone for trying to keep us in the loop while generating a little excitement.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #1,132 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All,

If Westone had never started this forum, never gave advance notice, and just came out with the 3's in September, my guess is all of you complaining now would be happy as pigs in crap! Relax guys. If it's a good product it's worth the wait. Don't critisize Westone for trying to keep us in the loop while generating a little excitement.
rolleyes.gif

Besides, think about all the money you would have lost buying another pair of IEM's, shipping them to you, selling them at a loss (remember PP +shipping fees), only to get these pair then. Westone has saved you all a lot of money!

Jun 30, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #1,133 of 2,524
Quote:

Don't critisize Westone for trying to keep us in the loop while generating a little excitement.
rolleyes.gif

That's the point I was trying to make: we are no longer in that loop. It's not the delay that gets me, I liked hearing from powderhound about what was going on. Good or bad, it was nice to have INFO!!!!!!

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #1,134 of 2,524
All I know is Westone failed at the fundamental principle of business: delaying a product when it was due.

Can you imagine what it would be like if other companies did this? ex. If iphone was delayed at the last minute - ? Their stockholders would rip their heads off.

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #1,135 of 2,524
Forsberg,

Delays happen all the time. The company I'm with is spending 100's of millions on a new world wide enteprise computer system. We're delayed a year. Things happen. It's not unusual at all for a company to experience delays. Again, if they wanted to ensure zero delays, they would have announced the product as it was shipping out the door

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #1,136 of 2,524
Quote:

try $1150! They'll be giving away free artwork (on the buds) with the first batch. 4 drivers, 3 way crossover.

Ouch.. it's gonna be quite a bit more here in Australia.. bah. When are they meant to be due?

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #1,137 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the point I was trying to make: we are no longer in that loop. It's not the delay that gets me, I liked hearing from powderhound about what was going on. Good or bad, it was nice to have INFO!!!!!!

Yes, this was my point exactly. Westone is making a serious PR error.

Quote:

Forsberg,

Delays happen all the time. The company I'm with is spending 100's of millions on a new world wide enteprise computer system. We're delayed a year. Things happen. It's not unusual at all for a company to experience delays. Again, if they wanted to ensure zero delays, they would have announced the product as it was shipping out the door

Yes, delays happen all the time, but people aren't allowed to be angry? Seriously, it seems like you folks are trying to invalidate a normal human reaction here. What gives you the right to tell people how they should and shouldn't feel? If someone is upset by a delay, they're upset, and let them show it with their posts or their wallet. If someone feels perfectly fine about the situation, that's fantastic too, good for them!

There's a basic method for communicating feelings in a healthy and respectful way that goes along the lines of "When you do this, it makes me feel this way." How do you argue with that? You can't tell someone not to feel how they feel. Well, actually, I guess one look at this thread shows that you can, but it's pretty insulting if you ask me.

Jul 1, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #1,138 of 2,524
I'm curious about the numbers 1100 and 1150 for the new UE 11. I thought the original listing on iLounge was for 1000. It looks like there may be even more reason to wait for the westones.

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #1,139 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, this was my point exactly. Westone is making a serious PR error.

Yes, delays happen all the time, but people aren't allowed to be angry? Seriously, it seems like you folks are trying to invalidate a normal human reaction here. What gives you the right to tell people how they should and shouldn't feel? If someone is upset by a delay, they're upset, and let them show it with their posts or their wallet. If someone feels perfectly fine about the situation, that's fantastic too, good for them!

There's a basic method for communicating feelings in a healthy and respectful way that goes along the lines of "When you do this, it makes me feel this way." How do you argue with that? You can't tell someone not to feel how they feel. Well, actually, I guess one look at this thread shows that you can, but it's pretty insulting if you ask me.

Didn't mean to infer that people don't have a right to be p/o'd or to express themselves. Just expressing my personal view of how I look at it. I've absolutely no problem with any of the posts on this matter.

Sorry to not have communicated properly.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #1,140 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And that question was never answered. Now, as far as my personal experience in being able to talk about this, I have in my posession the UM2. I have been listening to it all this week and am incredibly heartbroken in saying that I am going to have to send them back, and it's a real shame because I really wanted to like them. I just cannot stand the sibilance: it actually hurts my ears. And I cannot even begin to believe that someone could say that there isn't any. It brings back memories of my horrible experience with my first IEM, the v-moda Vibe, which to my ears puts the "SSSSSS" in Sibilance. But that's just me and everone hears things different I guess.

So what's my point in writing all of this? Is it to draw people away from getting the Westone 3? No. While I am trying to summarize a lot of what has been discussed in this thread so far, I'm also trying to say that if you're just scanning through a thread like this trying to figure out if an IEM is right for you, both positive and negative misinformation can and has led to unhappy customers.

WOW it's been a long time since i've visited this thread! moseboy, i did answer the question previously within my review/comments on pgs.41-43...though it might've been in a more roundabout way. to reiterate though, the westone 3's sibilance is even more apparent than the um2's...so yes, if you hear sibilance on the um2's, you will definitely hear it on the 3's as well. hope that helps
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back