Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jun 22, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #1,111 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by e_resolu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Packaging might also mean the integration of the 3 micro balance armature and the electronics in the plastic shell ???????? Could be a more serious reason for the delay but we'll probably never know !!!

That's what I was thinking, given the length of the delay... and that sort of packaging issue certainly could affect the sound.

Then again, maybe they just got sued by Paramount for the Klingon-looking logo
icon10.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #1,115 of 2,524
If they don't come out till next March (which isn't beyond possibility at this point, I think), I propose that Westone should change the name to the Westone 4s in honor of them being a year older.

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #1,116 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they don't come out till next March (which isn't beyond possibility at this point, I think), I propose that Westone should change the name to the Westone 4s in honor of them being a year older.

biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #1,117 of 2,524
First post in 2 years! (Long time reader though)
biggrin.gif

Well, I preordered them on the first week of May and paypalled it already because I thought I would get it around the end of month for my birthday. It is the first time I ever preorder earphones and I want to try something else than my Etys ER4P & Shure E3C. My expectations were and are still high. As most of you, I am disappointed with the delay.

Anyway, I have been following the thread all the time. In fact, I red almost every post on head-fi about the 3s before preordering. Let's hope Westone deliver the earphones quality up to par if not better than those who have a chance to listen to them. But, most importantly, give us some news! Any news is good (even delays)...

I don't plan to request a refund from Paypal anytime soon. It is not like I have much choice because I only have 60 days to get a refund.

Jun 27, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #1,118 of 2,524
Did somebody says Westone 3 willbe out on June 29? i think Westone want give surprise to his costumers with free iPhone
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #1,119 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by e_resolu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Packaging might also mean the integration of the 3 micro balance armature and the electronics in the plastic shell ????????

That's usually not phrased as "packaging" issues in the engineering world. That's usually called a "design flaw" and is I suspect what the actual problem is...something comes loose easily (can't be manufactured w/ consistency) or fails quickly (bad hardware part that burns out quickly).

Packaging usually refers to the stuff it ships in.

At any rate, I hope they fix the issue soon. I'm starting to lean towards the Shure E500 but would prefer testing out a real 3-way driver first...

Jun 27, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #1,120 of 2,524
3-way drivers are so yesterday, why not get a 4-way driver for just about $1K (UE11)?
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #1,122 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you've got the new 5 blade razor huh???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEKt5Izwbo

wink.gif

I wonder how it feels to get an accidental cut (cuts!) w/16 blades? LOL
blink.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #1,123 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you've got the new 5 blade razor huh???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEKt5Izwbo

LOL

wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how it feels to get an accidental cut (cuts!) w/16 blades? LOL
blink.gif

Have you ever seen the movie Face-off?
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #1,124 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3-way drivers are so yesterday, why not get a 4-way driver for just about $1K (UE11)?
tongue.gif

try $1150! They'll be giving away free artwork (on the buds) with the first batch. 4 drivers, 3 way crossover.

Jun 29, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #1,125 of 2,524
The lack of any communication from powderhound is really unsettling. Delays are a part of life around here, and I reluctantly have to accept that; but I do not understand why we have been totally cut off and taken out of the loop... Throw us a bone here!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back