Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #2,523 of 2,524
Hello everyone, I have heard a LOT of good things about these headphones on this forum and from other websites. I really plan on buying a pair when i save up enough money. But before i buy, there is one thing that may affect my decision. I want to listen to these with my ipod. (and possibly a headroom micro or pico amp in the future) I have a few FLAC files and a good amount of 320kbps MP3's. However, the majority of my music collection is between 192-256kbps. Are the Westone 3's too revealing of a heaphone for files at this bitrate? I don't want to set myself back 300+ bucks if all i will be hearing are artifacts from my lossy music.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #2,524 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Mamba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone, I have heard a LOT of good things about these headphones on this forum and from other websites. I really plan on buying a pair when i save up enough money. But before i buy, there is one thing that may affect my decision. I want to listen to these with my ipod. (and possibly a headroom micro or pico amp in the future) I have a few FLAC files and a good amount of 320kbps MP3's. However, the majority of my music collection is between 192-256kbps. Are the Westone 3's too revealing of a heaphone for files at this bitrate? I don't want to set myself back 300+ bucks if all i will be hearing are artifacts from my lossy music.

It will be fine un-amped or amped with anything of decent sound quality, and 192K is a definite step above 128K. My eMusic songs are at about that resolution are are perfectly acceptable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back