Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Nov 27, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #2,491 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if discussed before, but what is the consensus comparing UM-56 customs vs ComplyTips? I own the UM2 that I use with UM-56 mainly in airplanes with trips of around 6 hours. I don't know if my UM56 where not so precise made but I feel the right one need to be pushed more to remain stable and a hard movement make it open a little bit that I immediately notice with the outside noise. Other than that, I like customs very much.

Sometimes, I apply a little drop water outside customs to get a total seal that I love. Using them in the gym is not an issue due to perspiration that seal them. Any other suggestions for wearing and maintenance of customs (UM56)?

Thanks in advance.

How long have you had these? PM me please.

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #2,492 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa... that's like sleeping with the enemy or something.
wink.gif

LOL... yeah and Matt form Shure handed them to me himself.. watch out now!

Hey gotta try what's out there if you're going to play in this swimming pool right?

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #2,493 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL... yeah and Matt form Shure handed them to me himself.. watch out now!

Hey gotta try what's out there if you're going to play in this swimming pool right?

Yeah, but you never know if that thing floating in the pool is a candy bar or doodie! (Caddyshack)

Spoiler Alert - these Westone 3 are the candy bar: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5051083-post359.html

Nov 28, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #2,495 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by letloverule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any news on actual reviews or comparisons ??? I'm excited , especially after that glowing earphonesolutions review.

I did a comparison between the UM2 and the Westone 3 yesterday night for 3 hours. I'm embarrassed to write about it... The 3 is ridiculously awesome.

I'm thinking hard about the words to describe it so it doesn't come out too... I don't know.

Well I'm going to publish it tonight on the site and on the blog. I will try my best to curb my excitement. It's not easy...

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #2,496 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by letloverule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any news on actual reviews or comparisons ??? I'm excited , especially after that glowing earphonesolutions review.

I'm working on it - see the "spoiler alert" link right above your post for a preview of my thoughts.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #2,497 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did a comparison between the UM2 and the Westone 3 yesterday night for 3 hours. I'm embarrassed to write about it... The 3 is ridiculously awesome.

I'm thinking hard about the words to describe it so it doesn't come out too... I don't know.

Well I'm going to publish it tonight on the site and on the blog. I will try my best to curb my excitement. It's not easy...

We all worked really hard to get everything out today and we did it!

But... because of that, the UM2 vs. Westone 3 Comparison will be posted most likely on Sunday night. Sorry...
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #2,499 of 2,524
This is going to sound like a spoiled child question and I am sorry. I am asking more out of curiosity.

On the other currently running Weston thread on headfi some people got their 3's on Friday. They seem to come from a particular dealer. Is that dealer in violation of the release agreement with Westone?

I originally thought I would possibly get mine on Friday but then understood they would ship on Friday. I can wait until Tuesday, that is fine, just surprised to see that some or a dealer got them and shipped them the same day.

Once again just curious!

To those who got them congrats and enjoy!

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #2,500 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwm6780 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is going to sound like a spoiled child question and I am sorry. I am asking more out of curiosity.

On the other currently running Weston thread on headfi some people got their 3's on Friday. They seem to come from a particular dealer. Is that dealer in violation of the release agreement with Westone?

I originally thought I would possibly get mine on Friday but then understood they would ship on Friday. I can wait until Tuesday, that is fine, just surprised to see that some or a dealer got them and shipped them the same day.

Once again just curious!

To those who got them congrats and enjoy!

Not sure some customers got them from us, but please let me explain what could have happened:

We sent an email on Thursday evening explaining the following:

"To customers with active Westone 3 orders at Earphone Solutions:

You may have already received or you will receive an email today with a tracking number showing shipping date of November 26 or November 25.

That only happened because we have pre-printed all shipping labels between yesterday and today due to limited capacity in processing everything right after the Thanksgiving holiday, however all packages will leave our Florida location on Friday, November 28th which is the Official Release Date for the Westone 3 so please take that in account when calculating the transit time for your shipping method:

OVERNIGHT: Monday delivery
2 DAY: Tuesday delivery
RUSH: Around next Wednesday
FREE: Around next Thursday / Friday

International Mail: 5-25 days (depends on customs, etc.)
FedEx: Delivery around next Thursday.

We feel very confident you will enjoy your new Westone 3 as much as we do and wish you and your family Happy Holidays.

Thank you so much for your support!"

Well, some of the Westone 3 packages that were already labeled got mixed up with our daily shipments and went out Wednesday and we apologize for the mistake.

While every one was enjoying their Thanksgiving with their families and most of every one else (including dealers) did not work Thursday and Friday, we started working on Tuesday to make sure all orders would go out on Friday. We worked Tuesday, Wednesday, part of Thursday (we had a very short Thanksgiving lunch on account of this) and Friday until 9:00PM (only stopping for lunch at 5:00PM).

We had a very large allocation and had to fulfill many times more of what our daily normal capacity is.

In the process of trying hard to make all orders out on Friday, some of them slipped through and got picked up by the carrier on Wednesday.

There were no favoritism and no intention of wrongdoing. ALL our customers are special to us.

Thanks again for your support and sorry for any inconvenience.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #2,501 of 2,524
Stunning performance Flavio !

I ordered my W3s Friday am (UK time); it's now Saturday evening and FexEx tracking shows they have already arrived in the UK and cleared Customs... should arrive not later than Tuesday, maybe even Monday !

Best regards,

Kevin

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #2,503 of 2,524
How is the westone 3 compared to Shure E530? anyone?

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #2,504 of 2,524
Dec 4, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #2,505 of 2,524
Has anyone received their Westone 3 (pre-order or otherwise) or a tracking number from AmericanTechPushers? I haven't received any word from them since re-submitting my pre-order card details a couple of weeks ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back