Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Jun 21, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #1,098 of 2,524
Well Westone still has a few hours left............I am really glad I prepaid for these IEM's!!!!! Thanks Westone!!!! I should have taken the $399.00 and invested it in gold for the last 4 months I would have had more fun and a bigger thrill and less frustration!

Jun 21, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #1,099 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWhale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Westone still has a few hours left............I am really glad I prepaid for these IEM's!!!!! Thanks Westone!!!! I should have taken the $399.00 and invested it in gold for the last 4 months I would have had more fun and a bigger thrill and less frustration!

if you're hurting for the money so badly, cancel your order and get your money back; and next time just order through Flavio @ earphonesolutions.com. he won't chg your card until the order ships (if you used PP, get one of those prepaid MC's/Visas. They're well worth it.

Jun 21, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #1,100 of 2,524
Do what I do... forget about them, then when they come out and everyone gets a pair and after the FOTM dies down buy. I'm not a big preorderer. It just gets frustrating. I did that with the GS-1000. And the wait was torture. Won't do it again.

Either way, I doubt they are sitting around. Obviously, they are fixing issues or waiting for supplies. There is no way around the waiting if you want them to work right.

Jun 21, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #1,101 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They never learn, do they? (e500, triple-fi's, and now the Westone 3) Get that internet buzz flowing, and then deliver... nothing!

Umm, I think it's us who never learn..
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #1,102 of 2,524
Seems like "early summer" might stretch to "late summer" or "early winter".
I still can't believe how these phones are delayed, one (1) month late today, just because of packaging issues...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #1,104 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you're hurting for the money so badly, cancel your order and get your money back; and next time just order through Flavio @ earphonesolutions.com. he won't chg your card until the order ships (if you used PP, get one of those prepaid MC's/Visas. They're well worth it.

IMO, the guy has a right to be frustrated and post that here. You know it's not about the money (investing in gold...LOL), it's about the expectations and hype that Westone has been flaming in these forums, and now that they're not delivering, it's coming around to bite them in the ass. Well, that's what happens. This is a natural result of recurrent delays and disappointments - low and behold, the consumers are frustrated and voicing their discontent on an internet forum where people share ideas and emotions. And the world keeps on spinning. If I were Westone, I would end the radio silence and start including people in this forum in the process again, ie. how about a specific accounting of what happened with the packaging problem, and an update on the correction process. Oh, right, they're probably too busy to spare five minutes for that.

Of course Westone doesn't "owe" us anything. The fact that we get to communicate with inside reps for information and suggestions before product release is certainly a huge priviledge, and it sure ain't our birthright. But keep something in mind: according to the h0und, Westone decided against product marketing through the normal channels and instead to build word-of-mouth on internet forums like this one. So, even though we are not "owed" more forum communication, it would be in Westone's best interest to provide it, as they are (or at least were) heavily invested in it.

All this aside, I really wish Westone the best with their new product. p0wderh0und seems like a genuinely nice guy and I feel sorry for them that they've had so many problems. I am no longer in the market for the W3 (as Trager pointed out), but I believe that when it does come out, it will live up to Ray Samuel's enthusiastic review.

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #1,105 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm, I think it's us who never learn..
frown.gif

Speak for yerself, man. I've certainly learned from this -- I won't be bothering to order pre-release again. There are plenty of interesting products out that that aren't vaporware to satisfy my upgraditis and curiosity.

My Atrios will be at the UPS station in 30 mins, and my LiveWires just shipped. In the meantime, I've been enjoying my Shure SE310s and my ER-4P (with S cable) are great with my GoVibe 6. The hype on the Westone 3 was pretty good, but multi-month delays make me think product change, so who knows whether the final product will be as good as the prototypes that Ray Samuels et al. listened to?

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #1,106 of 2,524
Quote:

The hype on the Westone 3 was pretty good, but multi-month delays make me think product change, so who knows whether the final product will be as good as the prototypes that Ray Samuels et al. listened to?

I sure hope it's not that different... If it was better then sure... The prototypes were VERY nice to listen to.

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #1,107 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about a specific accounting of what happened with the packaging problem

I honestly doubt it was a packaging problem since people have said they were willing to get send the headphones and then the packaging later. And packaging issues usually don't take a month to fix...they're usually slipstreamed in
eek.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #1,108 of 2,524
Westone and UE ahm ahm
icon10.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #1,109 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenyee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I honestly doubt it was a packaging problem since people have said they were willing to get send the headphones and then the packaging later. And packaging issues usually don't take a month to fix...they're usually slipstreamed in
eek.gif

Packaging might also mean the integration of the 3 micro balance armature and the electronics in the plastic shell ???????? Could be a more serious reason for the delay but we'll probably never know !!!

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #1,110 of 2,524
Gah......I'll give them till the end of the month for some details or what not before I cancel my order. It was between this and the Shure 530s, and considering that I primarily only listen to classical, I figured that the W3 would present the better sound. Quite the disappointment as I was quite excited by this product, but maybe its time to just cut my losses and move on
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back