Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Mar 15, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #587 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how will this impact your custom line of iem's? Will the crossover technology be applied to the um2 and um3? Will these iem's be completed by the national meet?

No impact other than we will be releasing the 3Custom later than originally expected. Remember the current ES's/UM's are "aimed" at pro-audio. The new stuff is "aimed" at personal listening. It's like Chevy and Pontiac, both done by GM, but different product lines.

The UM2 already has a passive 2-way crossover. There is no UM3. The crossover technology was used from the current ES3.

Dear God they better be done by the meet!! I'm not showing my face if they are not.
blink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #588 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for taking all the time to answer our pesky and bothersome questions ;p. Of course, here I am with another one (sorry): is there a timeframe on when your testers for the 3Custom will be able to talk about them? Well after the release of the universal 3? Thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes. They will start to talk once they have them.
icon10.gif

They do not have them yet. Once the "3" is out, we will get going on the true BETA of the 3Custom. Right now it's more of an ALPHA honestly.

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #590 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why are the UMs more pro audio orianted than the 3?
i thought the UM2 had more bass than normal so it's less balanced and more "fun" ?

Because that's the way they were designed. The UM's were designed 5 years ago for the onstage musician. Personal listening was never a goal with the initial design. They just fit in both worlds quite well.

The UM2 has the bass "bump" because that's what the onstage performer needed.

Remember 5 years ago it was the iWhat ?

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #591 of 2,524
hehe i'm not good with judging time ,time moves too fast for me
biggrin.gif

didn't know it was design for stage performance so long ago , i figured because of the ES3 description that a mid-range boost is what's aimed at performers
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #592 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still holdin' onto March 7th. C'mon baby...c'mon baby...

oh, they should be ready long before 7 march 2008!
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear God they better be done by the meet!! I'm not showing my face if they are not.
blink.gif

if you feel you need to wear a mask, that's fine. just please bring at least the samples you had at macworld to the meet.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #593 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek
if you feel you need to wear a mask, that's fine. just please bring at least the samples you had at macworld to the meet.

About those prototypes samples... what are you gonna do with them after the 3's official release ?
evil_smiley.gif
me

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #594 of 2,524
WORSE case I will have the units from MacWorld at the show. That way people can still listen to them.

The prototypes we have will be doused in gasoline and lit with a butane torch, while we all dance around in our Zulu Warrior outfits doing the Gregorian Chants.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #595 of 2,524
Quote:

The prototypes we have will be doused in gasoline and lit with a butane torch, while we all dance around in our Zulu Warrior outfits doing the Gregorian Chants.
biggrin.gif

You better post pics of that!
icon10.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #596 of 2,524
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You better post pics of that!
icon10.gif

yeah, especially if anyone is actually wearing the units during this ritual!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #597 of 2,524
Quote:

Remember the current ES's/UM's are "aimed" at pro-audio. The new stuff is "aimed" at personal listening. It's like Chevy and Pontiac, both done by GM, but different product lines.

Ok, Chevy and Pontiac are perfectly fine cars, but when are you going to give us a Cadillac?!?

wink.gif

-Jeff

Mar 16, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #598 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, Chevy and Pontiac are perfectly fine cars, but when are you going to give us a Cadillac?!?
wink.gif

keep the caddy and give us a Ferrari!
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #599 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23
To re-state this is a NEW series of earphones. The 3 is the first of the series, a 2 and 1 will follow (don't even start to ask about dates, I have NO idea).

So what will be the 2 and 1... 2= 2 drivers and 1= 1 driver ?

If so, it's great that way so I won't have to wait for a better, newer and greater model to come out.

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #600 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what will be the 2 and 1... 2= 2 drivers and 1= 1 driver ?

If so, it's great that way so I won't have to wait for a better, newer and greater model to come out.

Who said they won't come out with a 4?
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back