Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Mar 12, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #556 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I"m sure the 'hound is listening -- we're just crazy impatient head-fiers.

cRaZy?!

Is it crazy to want your music to be a transcendent experience? Is it crazy to spend more time and energy seeking this elusive treasure than actually listening to your music? Upon finally purchasing your latest audiological wonder, is it crazy to pour syrup on them and chew them for several hours for burn in? Is it so crazy to sit in an empty bathtub without your W3 earphones, covered in your own feces, crying that you can't hear your iPOD even though the volume is at max? Well Mister, then, I guess I'm crazy. Of course, that's what they said about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Now hurry up and respond. I'm getting impatient.

Mar 12, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #557 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I"m sure the 'hound is listening -- we're just crazy impatient head-fiers.

cRaZy?!

Is it crazy to want your music to be a transcendent experience? Is it crazy to spend more time and energy seeking this elusive treasure than actually listening to your music? Upon finally purchasing your latest audiological wonder, is it crazy to pour syrup on them and chew them for several hours for burn in? Is it so crazy to sit in an empty bathtub without your W3 earphones, covered in your own feces, crying that you can't hear your iPOD even though the volume is at max? Well Mister, then, I guess I'm crazy. Of course, that's what they said about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mar 13, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #558 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cRaZy?!

I really like this guy.

Mar 13, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #560 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to hear a more detailed review of the "3" and the E500 (530). I saw a couple of quick responses but nothing too in depth.

the westone 3 hasn't been released yet. they showed it at a couple of shows and some folks there got to listen to prototypes. so right now we just have some early impressions. why don't you preorder a set and once you get 'em write a review for us to chew on.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #561 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the westone 3 hasn't been released yet. they showed it at a couple of shows and some folks there got to listen to prototypes. so right now we just have some early impressions. wh don't you preorder a set and once you get 'em write a review for us to chew on.
wink.gif

I know that. I was hoping some of the folks who got to listen, and also own E500's would chime in with a little more detail about the two then has already been given.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #562 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by K.Ashwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of Monday Morning at 2:40 am this still no news on the exact shipping Date. Hopefully some information will be released this week.

Stay tuned!

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

That's it! We want 'round-the-clock updates!

Is it ready yet? ... Is it ready yet? ... How about now?

Mar 13, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #565 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by K.Ashwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of Monday Morning at 2:40 am this still no news on the exact shipping Date. Hopefully some information will be released this week.

Stay tuned!

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

Which secretly means he received an email at 2:41 am with a ship date he can't share with us
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #566 of 2,524
Quick Qustion:

How are the drivers going to be set up in the Universal version? Will they be like the Shure e500 with two drivers on the buttom and one on the top? Because if that is the case, unlike the e500s that have two woffers and one tweeter, the 3 would have the mids and the base coming from the same location, wich could lead to the bass drowning out the mids or vice versa. Is this going to be a problem with complicated music?

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #567 of 2,524
am I missing something? has this been covered?

Please Note: The ES3 features an intentional bump in the midrange frequency response that is of great benefit to vocalists and guitarists who perform onstage. Therefore, the ES3 is not the best choice for listening to recorded music. If this is your goal, you'll be more interested in the ES2 or ES1.

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #568 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by sb61g2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
am I missing something? has this been covered?

Please Note: The ES3 features an intentional bump in the midrange frequency response that is of great benefit to vocalists and guitarists who perform onstage. Therefore, the ES3 is not the best choice for listening to recorded music. If this is your goal, you'll be more interested in the ES2 or ES1.

ES3 =/= UM3.

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #570 of 2,524
the UM3 isnt released yet thats what this thread is about the ES3 is not the same as the UM3. The custom version of the UM3 won't be out till the summer while the UM3 should be released this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back