Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Mar 14, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #572 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ES3 =/= UM3.

Even ES2 =/= UM2
etysmile.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #574 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the UM3 isnt released yet thats what this thread is about the ES3 is not the same as the UM3. The custom version of the UM3 won't be out till the summer while the UM3 should be released this month.

for clarification, the name of the iem that this thread is about is the westone 3, not the um3. i don't get it - you'd think the logical name for this would be the um3 but that's not how they seem to want to do it.
the custom version's name is just conjecture at this point. the most immediate question is when will the westone 3 be released. earlier in this thread it was said that it was to be introduced in march, which we're now in the middle of. and since p0wderh0und hasn't said anything recently about it, it's unclear whether this goal is still attainable or whether we'll have to wait a bit longer as was the case with the triple driver universals from westone's competitors. if westone would share an info update i'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated by those following this thread.

Mar 14, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #575 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for clarification, the name of the iem that this thread is about is the westone 3, not the um3. i don't get it - you'd think the logical name for this would be the um3 but that's not how they seem to want to do it.

I believe powderhound intimated that the reasoning behind the new naming is that the previous models were for monitor/semi-pro use, and the new lines (starting with the "3") were geared towards audiophile home use. So this is not considered the "next logical progression in the UM line" but a new animal altogether.

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #576 of 2,524
I wish I did get a secret email that told me the exact date. I have many people that would like to know.

Plus I want the custom 3 so bad I can taste it but we have to get this out the way first. I have my ear molds siting on my desk staring at me all day and night!

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers!

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #577 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
earlier in this thread it was said that it was to be introduced in march, which we're now in the middle of. and since p0wderh0und hasn't said anything recently about it, it's unclear whether this goal is still attainable...

Stop hounding p0wderh0und about this. He was giving us an APPROXIMATE release and since, production sometimes have to go through certain developments, we can't force an exact release date from Westone just because we are hungrily anticipating a product. Let's grow up and know the the world doesn't revolve around us alone. Heck, I havent seen this kind of personal attention from a sponsor the way p0wderh0und has done in this thread alone. We should be thankful and patient.

Mar 14, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #579 of 2,524
Hey Kiddies !
Sorry I've been absent the past few days (lots going on here). Here are a few answers to questions I've seen lately.

1) Why is it not called the UM3 ?
To re-state this is a NEW series of earphones. The 3 is the first of the series, a 2 and 1 will follow (don't even start to ask about dates, I have NO idea).

2) Update on the 3. We had a few issues with the acosutic seal, so modifictions were done and the ship date was pushed back. The second week in April has been mentioned, but I'm waiting for the next status meeting (today or tomorrow) and then I'll give everyone here as much info I can. Again that is an idea and not the official launch time. The street price is looking to be set at $399.00 (pretty firm, but not 100% official).

Mar 14, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #580 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, meant to include the word drivers somewhere, but forgot. Powderhound, do you guys have a model name for the custom UM3 yet?

Yep it's called "Not quite ready for primetime".. hee hee.

j/k...No, we are just calling it the 3Custom here in the office right now.

Mar 14, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #582 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejungle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but do you have any idea what the 2 will sound like compared to the um2? i'm just wondering what the difference between the 2 series will be.

TBD.
Still getting the 3 perfect. :)

Mar 14, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #583 of 2,524
Yes, please do not distract the nice man from working on my next IEM.

April? You're killin' me, 'h0und. I mean, I want the 3 to be right, but I'm suffering from a massive case of upgrade-itis here. I'm gonna have to start working my way through full-size cans to calm the symptoms, I think.

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #584 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep it's called "Not quite ready for primetime".. hee hee.

j/k...No, we are just calling it the 3Custom here in the office right now.

Thanks for taking all the time to answer our pesky and bothersome questions ;p. Of course, here I am with another one (sorry): is there a timeframe on when your testers for the 3Custom will be able to talk about them? Well after the release of the universal 3? Thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #585 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, please do not distract the nice man from working on my next IEM.

April? You're killin' me, 'h0und. I mean, I want the 3 to be right, but I'm suffering from a massive case of upgrade-itis here. I'm gonna have to start working my way through full-size cans to calm the symptoms, I think.

I'm still holdin' onto March 7th. C'mon baby...c'mon baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back