Westone 3 - You asked for it, we listened !
Mar 20, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #616 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by potatotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm fairly certain this won't get any solid answers, so I'm just tossing it out there - but how much do you expect the price of the UM2 to drop, if at all, when the 3 comes out? I'm currently sitting on a pair of E4s that I got for an excellent price (well, they're on the desk) and I'm deliberating over opening them because I'm unsure if a similar deal for UM2s (which I imagine I'd prefer) will pop up later.

No price drop. Remember that is a DIFFERENT series. Now in the not so distant future (this year, no dates set so do not ask !!) there will be a Westone 2 and a Westone 1. These may have a lower price then their sister products in the UM Series. (please note the emphasis on the may part of that sentence. :)

Mar 21, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #617 of 2,524
Hey Powederhound,

Even though quite the number of people didn't agree to this, but are you still going to come out with the Metallic Silver Westone and if yes, can you do us the favor of posting a pic. Since we won't hear about the 3's until Mid April.

Thanks Powederhoud and best wishes,

bigizzy75

Mar 21, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #620 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No price drop. Remember that is a DIFFERENT series. Now in the not so distant future (this year, no dates set so do not ask !!) there will be a Westone 2 and a Westone 1. These may have a lower price then their sister products in the UM Series. (please note the emphasis on the may part of that sentence. :)

Thanks for the quick answer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #621 of 2,524
i think it's a safe bet to say the market price of the um2's won't drop either.

i mean consider that the e4cs are hugely discounted off the MSRP...
and i have only found 1. count them 1 place that sells the um2's even slightly discounted. and not by hell of a lot. 20 bucks. vs the $100+ for the e4cs.

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #622 of 2,524
Any News from Westone?

How about some news about the 3 Customs....Jk
tongue.gif

..........Waiting inhales violently............time so slow.

Mar 24, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #623 of 2,524
I sure hope the threes are good, because I've fallen out of love with my UM2s.
I even grab my AKG K81s now some days to walk the dog. Why?

Spurious resonances in the mids. I hear more each time I use them, to the point where I'm selling them. Of course I want more extension in the highs and lows, but this is really bugging me.

Mar 24, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #624 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure hope the threes are good, because I've fallen out of love with my UM2s.
I even grab my AKG K81s now some days to walk the dog. Why?

Spurious resonances in the mids. I hear more each time I use them, to the point where I'm selling them. Of course I want more extension in the highs and lows, but this is really bugging me.

Audiomagnate's post shows how personal preference varies. I replaced Shure E500's with the same phones he is talking about, UM-2's with the UM-56. I listen to mine all day at work plus the 1 hour one way drive. I think they are terrific earphones. I like the balance between bass and treble. I may have to try the 3's on a trial basis because of that. They don't sound as good as my main rig at home but they cost 1% as much.

Mar 24, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #625 of 2,524
Quote:

The original metallic silver looked kind of bleck so we shelved it for now. Once colors are decided upon, I'll be sure to post them on here.

The 3's should be available in many colors, as long as they are Black.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #628 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
still waiting patiently for these to come out.... WHEN ARE THESE COMING OUT!?!?!?!? AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

from post #579:
Quote:

Update on the 3. We had a few issues with the acosutic seal, so modifictions were done and the ship date was pushed back. The second week in April has been mentioned, but I'm waiting for the next status meeting (today or tomorrow) and then I'll give everyone here as much info I can. Again that is an idea and not the official launch time.

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #629 of 2,524
Yes, "Any news from Westone?" is right!!! I've been monitoring their website, and my question is, why have they made absolutely no announcement of such a revolutionary product such as the 3's? Something is not right, IMHO.

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #630 of 2,524
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
still waiting patiently for these to come out.... WHEN ARE THESE COMING OUT!?!?!?!? AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

The Twelve Steps of Audioholics Anonymous

Step One: We admitted we were powerless over Westone, that our lives had become unmanageable.

Step Two: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves (proper acoustic seal) could restore us to sanity.

Step Three: Waited impatiently for proper acoustic seal to restore us to sanity.

Step Four: Ate some food to boost morale.

Step Six: Screw step five! And yes, I'm doing just FINE, thank you.

Step Seven: Replaced shower cap with pasta strainer and brush-scrubber with spatula. Increased frequency of bathing in own feces (beyond the standard once a week).

Steps Eight through Twelve: Hopefully unnecessary...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back