Westone 3 vs Shure 535
Nov 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #61 of 64
Unfortunately I won't be going but hopefully the meet in the spring will fall on a date I can go.

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #62 of 64

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting a set of new IEMs, and these two are at the top of my list.

After prodding around the forums for a bit, i realised that no one has actually done a A/B test with them (at least not that i saw...), if you found another thread which has this, could you please post the link here?

I gathered that the Westone 3s are a more 'fun' listen, with less accuracy and more bass, and are generally warmer.
While the 535 is accurate, and more balanced but not as fun to listen to.

Any advice on which to get? Comfort isn't a problem as i intend to get the re-shelled sooner or later

I usually listen to Japanese pop/rock and also a bit of, trance and classical.

Thanks in advance.

Westone 3 have a bit more bass and a bit more comfy but it is more sloppy compared to the high end earphones and the Shure 535 or the 530. All in all both are very close. The westone are a bit more bass while the shure 535 are more accurate and clearer. Westones cables are terrible like  a noodle while the shures are a tank. Every earphone I have the cables started to brake except for the shure 530 and the Shure 535. I have the Westone 2 and 3 (both cables are falling apart), Shure 530 and 535 (both cables as new), Ultimate ears 5eb (cable broke but they are detachable and I have ordered a new one), Atrios futue Sonice (great bass! but cable are falling apart and I might buy a new one).

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #63 of 64

Quote:

Westone 3 have a bit more bass and a bit more comfy but it is more sloppy compared to the high end earphones and the Shure 535 or the 530. All in all both are very close. The westone are a bit more bass while the shure 535 are more accurate and clearer. Westones cables are terrible like  a noodle while the shures are a tank. Every earphone I have the cables started to brake except for the shure 530 and the Shure 535. I have the Westone 2 and 3 (both cables are falling apart), Shure 530 and 535 (both cables as new), Ultimate ears 5eb (cable broke but they are detachable and I have ordered a new one), Atrios futue Sonice (great bass! but cable are falling apart and I might buy a new one).

One more thing, The Atrios are the most fun earphones I have.

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #64 of 64

Quote:
Does anyone know which iem has better transparency, details and instrutments separation betweeen the W3 and the Shure 535 ?

Hello BJ, I have both of them (535 and W3) I also have more top models as well. Between the W3 and 535, the 535 are way more clear, separate and accurate while the W3 have a bit more bass ( I am not saying the 535 has no bass it really does but not as much as the W3). I like all kinds of music and I myself like bass but bass without losing  the nids and highs I want to hear the voices and the instruments. My all around earphones are the Atrios Future sonics and The Shure 530. I got the 535 for the strong detachable cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back