Weird thing happened. Beyerdynamics.
Jun 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #31 of 63
Lol, this is pretty crazy. I can't help but look at Beyerdynamic in a different light now. Congrats on the sale though! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #32 of 63
Quote:
Wait what? Who on Earth would believe that you can expect a retailer to match eBay prices? Most of them explicitly state in their policies that online auction houses are NOT price-matched. This reasoning sounds like a stretch - unless you're one of those "99 cent HDTV" types...

As far as I see it, most Authorized dealers on ebay have pretty similar pricing, within $50 of each other. You are talking about special promotions made by dealers, which is completely different from this situation. Trust me, the mere presence of a much lower priced identical good that is not a special promotion is going to affect consumers' perceptions. And oh yeah, don't doubt the negative impacts of the special promotions. People are going to be less inclined to buy, at least for a short period of time, after a 99cent promotion.

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #33 of 63
Quote:
 As far as I see it, most Authorized dealers on ebay have pretty similar pricing, within $50 of each other. You are talking about special promotions made by dealers, which is completely different from this situation. Trust me, the mere presence of a much lower priced identical good that is not a special promotion is going to affect consumers' perceptions. And oh yeah, don't doubt the negative impacts of the special promotions. People are going to be less inclined to buy, at least for a short period of time, after a 99cent promotion.

From what I gather, the beyer representative put it back at the same price the OP wanted to sell though, which makes no sense, All I can think of that justifies their action is that they're extremely weary of fakes, since they would definetly be something to be scared of in that price  range, think of the insanity of a single person selling 5 'replicas', beyer wouldn't want that, would they?

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #35 of 63
I find the contact odd and the transaction strange but this stuff happens every day, and every company large enough to have its bottom line effected does it. My guess, and that is all it is is that Beyer are new to this type of thing and totally fumbled this transaction due to unfamiliarity of the process, a 10% loss on $1000 is a small price to pay for peace of mind, or evidence of something rotten. Also a lot of old small companies are still only just getting to grips with the terrors of internet sales. What I understand to be normal protocols were not followed.

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #37 of 63
Jan 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #40 of 63
I've found what Grado77 has to say about all this very interesting though.
tongue.gif

But seriously, this is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of. Retail sales and private Ebay sales are two different thngs and never the twain shall meet. It should be of no interest to BD if someone wants to sell his $1300 headphones for 10c. But hey, I wish a few companies would offer to take my Ebay stuff at BIN prices.

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #43 of 63
I don't see the big deal either. Sure they can't force you to sell at MAP (no problem with asking though), they can buy from you as any other ebay buyer. I seriously can't understand why it bothers anyone if they buy at the advertised price.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #45 of 63
I'm in the mountain out of a molehill camp.  What do you think a lawyer will do? Sue for not being nice.  I would never advise a client of mine to do this, but threatening letters happen all the time.  You held up pretty well.  Time to move on.  As far as not recommending them, go for it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back