Weird thing happened. Beyerdynamics.
May 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 63
I do have great tracking on the item. Sent it express mail. Funds are on hold from ebay not paypal. Will clear after item is received. Funds came from Beyerdynamics verified account so everything should b e good except their ethics of controlling the product when they have no right. I am opening a BBB complaint and looking into a lawyer.It is bs that these big companies get away with these gestapo tactics and it is a violation of antitrust laws. I will never buy nor recommend their products again.

May 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #18 of 63
I do have great tracking on the item. Sent it express mail. Funds are on hold from ebay not paypal. Will clear after item is received. Funds came from Beyerdynamics verified account so everything should b e good except their ethics of controlling the product when they have no right. I am opening a BBB complaint and looking into a lawyer.It is bs that these big companies get away with these gestapo tactics and it is a violation of antitrust laws. I will never buy nor recommend their products again.

I'd hit IC3 up while you're on the warpath...

May 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #19 of 63
It his, however unlikely possible, that he is not operating under them on this. Pretty much like he is doing this on his own and the company had no say in it. The chance is remote but you never know.

Also he has no right to do what he is doing. It's your headphone, you can sell it for whatever price you want. I bought my T1 used for $900, which is a great deal IMO. If they are going that far, why haven't they jumped on Head-Fi to stop all the sales that fall below their MAP?

May 28, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #20 of 63
Quote:
It his, however unlikely possible, that he is not operating under them on this. Pretty much like he is doing this on his own and the company had no say in it. The chance is remote but you never know.

Also he has no right to do what he is doing. It's your headphone, you can sell it for whatever price you want. I bought my T1 used for $900, which is a great deal IMO. If they are going that far, why haven't they jumped on Head-Fi to stop all the sales that fall below their MAP?

I believe it's because this one is BINB. not even opened.. most hifi community transactions are second-hand used ones, so they don't really compete against the retailers in a sense that it's not possible for retaliers to lower the prices to match second-hand prices because all that's going to do is starting a price bashing war. But, selling a truely BNIB pair of T5P on ebay is different... everyone who searches T5P is going to see it.. and expect all retailers to match it... just plain bad for business.. I'm not arguing for Beyer. I'm, in fact, against such unethical actions. I'm just stating the logic here..

May 28, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #21 of 63
But, selling a truely BNIB pair of T5P on ebay is different... everyone who searches T5P is going to see it.. and expect all retailers to match it...

Wait what? Who on Earth would believe that you can expect a retailer to match eBay prices? Most of them explicitly state in their policies that online auction houses are NOT price-matched. This reasoning sounds like a stretch - unless you're one of those "99 cent HDTV" types...

May 28, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #22 of 63
Looking at the email - I'd say there is no way it can be legit.

Spelling errors all the way through it

Please adjus to our map price of $1,295 immediatly. Your full cooperation is appriciated with this matter

I mean really - even on a bad day, that would be unacceptable from an executive.

But the real tell-tale is the signature.  It should be automated - and:

beyerdynamic Inc. USA
56 Central Ave Farmingdale, NY 11735
Office 631.293.3200 ext.17
Fax 631.293.3288
Mobile 516.848-3902
peter@beyerdynamic-usa.com
www.beyerdynamic-usa.com

The "b" in the first line should be capitalised.  There is no way an executive for Beyerdynamic would have an error that basic in an automated signature.

Will be interesting to see what develops.  I'd be contacting a Beyer exec, forwarding them a copy of the email, and see what happens.

May 28, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #24 of 63
Jun 1, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #26 of 63
Hey chef8489, ten bucks says this is yours, recirculated and now listed as "used":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/beyerdynamic-T5p-32ohm-Premium-Headset-/110889610097?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item19d1892b71#ht_1433wt_922

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #29 of 63
You've all been looking at the negative scenario - Control over their product, for all this speculation , they might just be monitoring the market for fakes . This should be a good thing seeing as they reauctioned it at the same price.

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #30 of 63
I don't see what the huge deal is? 

1.  They made a request to raise the price; which was not anything they have control over.
2.  You told them no.
3.  Then they bought the item for the price you were asking?

So I guess I don't see a huge problem.  Be happy you made a sale:)

I find the scenario very plausible that some retailers called to complain to him about being undercut on prices and this was a way he was looking to keep them happy.  He had no leg to stand on asking you to raise the price, and you told him that, and thats as far as it went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back